Next stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thank you evetyone you are propping me up and at the same time keeping me grounded. I am not alone, ron had a long life, even with dementia he was spared a great deal, he reached the end of the line. But so do many others, old, young in a good way and in a bad way.
We here all survive because we are all strong, have been part of a very special relationship and still keep going the other side. Thank you all

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
It's different I know but there is no point in pretending a faith neither if us had or a sentimentality that Ron would have hated.my granddaughter is going to look over it, I value her opinion and see if she sees the same.
Butterflies in my stomach doesn't begin to describe it, might need a liberal dose of anti emetics I think.

You and Ron are an inspiration Bemused, in this as well as your brave response to dementia. I think it is sad when some folk feel obliged to go along with a norm they do not believe in.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
You and Ron are an inspiration Bemused, in this as well as your brave response to dementia. I think it is sad when some folk feel obliged to go along with a norm they do not believe in.

Thank you Stanley. I think in this life you just have to fight for what is important to you, as I did for Ron and you do for Sue.
I think there would be nothing worse than to remember the very last event in a person's life as dictated by convention if it isn't what you believe or want. There are some good things about progress (if you look hard!)

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Lovely choices bemused. I'm so glad you've been able to put together something you feel content with and Ron would have appreciated. Hope poor Jess is settling down. Loving pat for her and a big hug for you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Lovely choices bemused. I'm so glad you've been able to put together something you feel content with and Ron would have appreciated. Hope poor Jess is settling down. Loving pat for her and a big hug for you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thank you Es its a tricky task but once I started it seemed to just follow on and the funeral celebrant has managed to draw out all the things I wanted to say but couldn't myself. Jess is now happily asleep but she is getting so old now bless her socks. xxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
How wonderful that you had such a sensitive and skilled person.
I found those days with my dog when he was very old had a special sweetness although I utterly dreaded the loss. There was a sort of extra closeness. I hope these days with Jess are extended for you while you need her so much. Holding you both in my heart.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thank you both.
Well Scarlett you know pretty well how I feel now. I am past tired and all I care is that things go smoothly. I went to see ron today to say a private farewell and I did come out so glad I had done it. A little bit of peace amongst the chaos. Tomorrow who knows what it will bring. I will be reading Ron's eulogy.if I get part away and it's too hard it doesn't matter. He was my beloved husband and I will do it with love. If I cry, why wouldn't I? It is as it it. Xxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you both.
Well Scarlett you know pretty well how I feel now. I am past tired and all I care is that things go smoothly. I went to see ron today to say a private farewell and I did come out so glad I had done it. A little bit of peace amongst the chaos. Tomorrow who knows what it will bring. I will be reading Ron's eulogy.if I get part away and it's too hard it doesn't matter. He was my beloved husband and I will do it with love. If I cry, why wouldn't I? It is as it it. Xxx

Xxxxx lots of love xxxxx will be thinking of you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I will be with you tomorrow, Bemused.

I hope all runs as you would like it to be. You are very brave to read the eulogy.

Sending much love and support. Jan x

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I will be with you tomorrow, Bemused.

I hope all runs as you would like it to be. You are very brave to read the eulogy.

Sending much love and support. Jan x

Thank you Jan. As for the bravery we will have to see on the day.
All support gratefully received. I so hope it goes smoothly. Xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thinking of you Bemused and hope tomorrow goes smoothly. 'If I cry, why wouldn't I' , . exactly, just be how you need to be and I'm sure you will do Ron proud. I think its lovely that you are doing the eulogy. Love to you Suexxx:)

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you Jan. As for the bravery we will have to see on the day.
All support gratefully received. I so hope it goes smoothly. Xx

I'm sure it will be just as you hope, and Ron would be very proud of you. Xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
If we could be there to hold your hand....it'd be standing room only. Thinking of you and knowing that Ron will be proud of you.love Maureen.xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I will be reading Ron's eulogy.if I get part away and it's too hard it doesn't matter. He was my beloved husband and I will do it with love. If I cry, why wouldn't I? It is as it it. Xxx

Before I started to read John's Eulogy, I said to myself "this is the last thing I can do for him", and then I took a couple of deep breaths before I began. Remember, you're not addressing a hostile audience. Every single person in the congregation will be willing you on.

I "lost" it, at the very end, but continued, through the tears. I knew John, with the other "January Lads" was watching over me, as Ron will be watching over you, surrounded by all our hubbies.

If you can only manage part of it, it doesn't matter one bit. We'll all be there in spirit xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I woke up this morning after sleeping the sleep of the dead and thought 'this is it, the day you've been dreading so much is here'. Its been a long time coming. Then i thought exactly what you said
Scarlett. Its the very last thing I can do for Ron so I will do it with every ounce of love and determination in me.
I hope there are no hiccups but if there are its ok things often didnt go s.smoothly when ron was alive so why should it be any different now.
So deep breaths and go fot it will be the order of the day.
And thanks to all who will be there in spirit, willing me on.

Status
Not open for further replies.