Mobile advice

Kat Love

Jun 17, 2024
I need to buy for my husband who has dementia a basic mobile phone . The only thing I need is so as I can contact him if I go shopping and of coarse easy for him to answer . Priority is NO camera .
I have looked on the Alzheimer’s page and Argos but not sure which one to get .I’m so tired looking please help me decide my head is thumping .

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Pro
Infrequent charging required
Con
Only 2G which has an uncertain life, providers want rid of it

Tabitha2

Sep 17, 2022
I bought a simple Emporia phone for my PWD - similar in layout to the old Nokia he was used to but with bigger, clearer keys and 3 prominent programmable buttons as the first row of keys.

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
East of England
I need to buy for my husband who has dementia a basic mobile phone . The only thing I need is so as I can contact him if I go shopping and of coarse easy for him to answer . Priority is NO camera .
I have looked on the Alzheimer’s page and Argos but not sure which one to get .I’m so tired looking please help me decide my head is thumping .
Doro. com! Some of their phones sold by Argos. Our Doro model has 3 alphabet buttons no numbers, emergency tracking and emergency call button. Lots of remote programmable customisation! Other phones and brands and retailers are available

Kat Love

Jun 17, 2024

Attachments

• IMG_1139.png
    IMG_1139.png
    390.8 KB · Views: 13

Tabitha2

Sep 17, 2022
Not exactly the same (on mine the white programmable buttons were the first row underneath the screen), but near as dammit. All the buttons are slightly bigger than on his old phone, and he had begun to have difficulty in pressing the right ones, so this was easier for him. By this point he was often incapable of using anything, including the TV remote, but on a (rare) good day he managed OK. Simple, no bells and whistles, fairly cheap, if I remember rightly.

Kat Love

Jun 17, 2024
Is this the phone . Thanks
IMG_1139.png

Not exactly the same (on mine the white programmable buttons were the first row underneath the screen), but near as dammit. All the buttons are slightly bigger than on his old phone, and he had begun to have difficulty in pressing the right ones, so this was easier for him. By this point he was often incapable of using anything, including the TV remote, but on a (rare) good day he managed OK. Simple, no bells and whistles, fairly cheap, if I remember rightly.
Thank you for your help .

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
I made a stupid mistake believing my OH could cope with a Doro Smart phone - pay has you go - wow between us we tried to set up the top up ap -wow me and my other half got mad -swearing, nearly in tears- phone maybe ok but trying to top it up forget it- then just to add the location ap to - phone thrown on floor and so it goes on- and to think my oh was ok with tech stuff -not now and funny enough it includes me next step phone being returned and buying a simple Non smart phone with a emergency button- lesson learnt for all is keep it simple