just lost my mum

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
yes taking bike on holiday,since my trip to cotswolds have been loading facebook with short vids of my trip been quite poplar

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Excellent. And I have to say, you put me to shame! I bought a bike about three years ago. It's a good bike. I got it for going to the village etc. when I knew William would eventually have to go to a nursing home. I thought it would be better than taking the car out for shorter journeys (the village is about 2 1/2 miles away). However, the bike sits in the shed and only visitors have ever used it - I discovered that, not having cycled since I was a teenager, I am now far to nervous on the very busy roads!! I will walk for long distances, but being on the bike made me feel so very vulnurable! So, hats off to you!

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
i use to cycle to school then after leaving discovered cars and hadnt been on a bike until in my 40s when a girl friend use to wind me up she was more fitter then me,then one night in a pub in front of friends she started again ,i said lets do a challenge to prove who is fittest ,fine she said lets cycle 140 miles from one side of england whitehaven to sunderland its called the coast to coast,no problem i said although i was panicing inside next day i did half a mile it almost killed me ,but loads of practice nd we ended up doing the ride and to my suprise i enjoyed and stuck with it ,although i cut down the trips when mum was ill,im slowly getting back to it

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
i use to cycle to school then after leaving discovered cars and hadnt been on a bike until in my 40s when a girl friend use to wind me up she was more fitter then me,then one night in a pub in front of friends she started again ,i said lets do a challenge to prove who is fittest ,fine she said lets cycle 140 miles from one side of england whitehaven to sunderland its called the coast to coast,no problem i said although i was panicing inside next day i did half a mile it almost killed me ,but loads of practice nd we ended up doing the ride and to my suprise i enjoyed and stuck with it ,although i cut down the trips when mum was ill,im slowly getting back to it

You must be fit!!!

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
no im not red,im overweight ,high blood pressure,suffer from bad back,and its a struggle to get up in mornings have to be mobile for least half n hour before i can move properly,apart from that im ok :D

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Your sounding a lot more positive now Webby, I am so glad your getting out and about.
he weight will fall off and the BP will go down, keep peddling your half way there. x

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
im trying to be more positive,its still very hard my life has changed completley not for the better,yesterday i had to drop something around to brothers,mum has 3 grandchildren all girls,but the middle girl and mum are so alike its untrue ,when mum was ill she was ,when mum was in hospital she was it was so bizare,mum use to say she was spitting image of her sister,yesterday while chatting in doorway to them the middle girl screamed because a spider was on her dressing gown the others wanted to put it outside but o no she just stamped on it,which would have been the same thing mum use to do ,if she saw me looking at one on the carpet when i was younger she would say where is it ,i would try fob her off but it always met that fateful slipper of doom!!
today is a good day as i get to collect the flower trophy with mums name engraved on it

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Yes iv got to agree you do sound more up beat but that doesn't takeaway the fact your grieving still x
How wonderful the trophy has come home when's your next big event

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Sorry jorgirporgie that sounded nasty didn't want it to sound like that I carnt workout how to put it in a positive way only meen it kindly :eek:

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Sorry jorgirporgie that sounded nasty didn't want it to sound like that I carnt workout how to put it in a positive way only meen it kindly :eek::eek:

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
im off on holiday to devon and cornwall to see relatives and do a bit of bike riding,dreading it in a way as its the first time i have gone without mum there going to be really strange

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
All the "firsts" after a death are hard , Webby. I hope you enjoy your holiday, and get some good cycling in.

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
well today im getting on my bike and riding around devon countryside going to all my mums haunts including the house she grew up in,so far it has been a strange kinda holiday without her here although my devon family have been great

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
well today im getting on my bike and riding around devon countryside going to all my mums haunts including the house she grew up in,so far it has been a strange kinda holiday without her here although my devon family have been great

Make some new memories too! Go to some places you've never been. (and enjoy a cream tea or two!!) :)

Digilux108

Nov 7, 2016
Essex
its just over a week since i lost my mum who was my world,i had cared for her for nearly 10 years with dementia with little or no help,in the daytime i keep really busy but night time i find it so hard,i am on my own and find myself going to bed early,i do have friends and a brother but prefer to stay here in my house where i spent over 50 years with mum,im totally heartbroken and miss her so much and cant see my life getting any better,its so quiet here:(

I am so sorry to hear this Webby. I lost my wonderful mother in August this year, just one week before my birthday. I gave up a career to become her full time carer. Even though I was told by the Ward Doctor that we were facing an end of life situation, It still came as a very big shock to me when I received the dreaded phone call early in the morning to tell me that mum was in her final moments. I got to the hospital in time to be with her and see here slip away.I am glad that I was there, but I found it to be very distressing.

Anyone who has face bereavement will know how very difficult the loss of a loved one is, and when something punches such a devastating hole in our lives, the pain can be eased a little by a sense of solidarity with others; a sense that our loss, albeit a very personal one, is also shared by a wider community, such as those of here who understand what you are going through right now.

Three months have now passed and although I feel a little better, the sense of loss that I feel can be overwhelming and paralysing at times. Grieving is very personal and so you must take your time. Looking after my mother gave me a sense of purpose and so I have signed up as a volunteer with the Alzheimer's because I want to use all my skills and professional background to fight this horrible and cruel disease.