just lost my mum

Frankie15

Dec 13, 2016
its just over a week since i lost my mum who was my world,i had cared for her for nearly 10 years with dementia with little or no help,in the daytime i keep really busy but night time i find it so hard,i am on my own and find myself going to bed early,i do have friends and a brother but prefer to stay here in my house where i spent over 50 years with mum,im totally heartbroken and miss her so much and cant see my life getting any better,its so quiet here:(
I'm so sorry. I lost my mum 5 days ago and feel your pain. I feel devastated of course but the thought that mum is now free from this terrible illness brings some comfort - for a while. I wonder if this is of any help to you. I too wonder what my role will be now. I'm an only child with no family of my own and am grateful for the support of friends now. I think it's too eart yet to contemplate the future just no you are not alone xx

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
I'm so sorry. I lost my mum 5 days ago and feel your pain. I feel devastated of course but the thought that mum is now free from this terrible illness brings some comfort - for a while. I wonder if this is of any help to you. I too wonder what my role will be now. I'm an only child with no family of my own and am grateful for the support of friends now. I think it's too eart yet to contemplate the future just no you are not alone xx
thank you frankie ,i cant beleive its been 2 years since i lost mum dosnt seem 2 minutes,really sorry to hear about your mum just take it one day at a time x

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
latest update from me,i still struggle to come to terms with life without mum and i have accepted the fact i always will,have become more reclusive,i think my friends and family think im doing well no one knows really im not ,on positive side i have been off cycling around uk this year easter around anglesey,june a150 miles around hampshire and wiltshire and have just come back from a 200 mile ride following hadrians wall in cumbria,been to a garden party at buckingham palace and started working for a repair cafe
dave

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
latest update from me,i still struggle to come to terms with life without mum and i have accepted the fact i always will,have become more reclusive,i think my friends and family think im doing well no one knows really im not ,on positive side i have been off cycling around uk this year easter around anglesey,june a150 miles around hampshire and wiltshire and have just come back from a 200 mile ride following hadrians wall in cumbria,been to a garden party at buckingham palace and started working for a repair cafe
dave

Thanks for the update, Dave.
Your cycle rides sound great.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Even though you might be struggling with life without your mum, it sounds like you are determinedly making a life for yourself. Well done you. And very well done on the cycling!