ive brought my mam home from hospital to die in my home

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
scarborough north yorkshire
Maureen and John and Mam - holding you still in our thoughts and with love. H

gud morning haylett,thanking you for keeping us in your thoughts,my mam has had another peaceful night and appears very comfortable this morning.

i have placed my mams photo on site as my avatar,this photo was taken 8 years ago at the grandsons wedding,my mam was 75years old at the time.maureen

kazza73

Feb 11, 2009
Perthshire Scotland
So good to hear your mum is still with you and peaceful, Maureen. You are obviously doing a wonderful job of caring for her in her final days. Sending love and peace to you all. Xx

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Hello Maureen,
I hope everything is ok at home.
Sending you best wishes.
xx

gud morning littlegem,my mam has had a peaceful night,and appears to be very comfortable this morning,i have placed my mams photo on site as my avatar,this photo was taken 8 years ago at one of the grandsons weddings,(the one that came to visit mam on monday)maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
So good to hear your mum is still with you and peaceful, Maureen. You are obviously doing a wonderful job of caring for her in her final days. Sending love and peace to you all. Xx

gud morning kazza,thanku for your kind words.i've put my mams photo on site as my avatar.i just thought u would like to see whom you are all sending your best wishes and regards to.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Hello Maureen

I notice you haven't posted today, I hope you're ok xxxxxxxxxxe

gud morning elaine,i did'nt feel very talkative yesterday,was actually feeling a bit down in the dumps,but i've bounced back again today.

my mam has had a very peaceful night and appears to be very comfortable this morning.

I've placed my mams photo on site as my avatar,this was taken 8 years ago when mam was 75years old.i just thought it might be better for you all out there to have a photo to relate to,whilst you are all being so supportive and kind to us all.maureen

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Please don't feel you must reply to this - you have enough to do I'm sure. I just wanted to repeat my earlier comment that yout mam would be really proud of you. You are a wonderful daughter and so very brave. I've been keeping up with your posts and hope that your mam remains peaceful and you can remain strong for as long as you have to, but that you can find some rest and some solace. God bless you.X

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Please don't feel you must reply to this - you have enough to do I'm sure. I just wanted to repeat my earlier comment that yout mam would be really proud of you. You are a wonderful daughter and so very brave. I've been keeping up with your posts and hope that your mam remains peaceful and you can remain strong for as long as you have to, but that you can find some rest and some solace. God bless you.X

hi saffie,my mam remains peaceful and appears to be very comfortable and at ease.we are feeling quite strong today and hope to remain feeling our inner strengths.thanku for your kind words and comments.maureen

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
That's a lovely photo Maureen. Mam looks beautiful and very happy. Thank you for posting it.

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
That's a lovely photo Maureen. Mam looks beautiful and very happy. Thank you for posting it.

hi haylett,thanku so much for your compliments regarding my mams photo,i think mam looks great especially for being 75years old,which was 8 years ago.

Its taken myself and my partner quite a while to work out how to put photo's on site.

we've just worked out how to put another photo on of my mam and myself as my avatar.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
I bet it took me longer than it took you! :rolleyes:;):)

Thinking of you and your mam today. She is made of strong stuff. :)

hi piedwarbler,it comforts me to know that there are others out there that are not computer literate(like i am)i'm okay with the basics on a computer but any technical stuff i'm hopeless.

mam has had a bit of a bad night lastnight,i was very worried about mams breathing,she seemed to be having some difficulty getting her breath,i think she is worse when she is lying on her right side as that side is her good lung(she had lung cancer 11years ago and had 3quarters of her other lung taken away)but after turning her onto her other side she has seemed fine since with her breathing.

Now this morning has arrived she seems comfortable and peaceful once again,is'nt it odd how things seem to happen in the early hours of the morning?

Apparently our bodies partly close down in the early hours between 3 and 5a.m.and we feel cold,i wonder if that was something to do with mam not breathing too well?

maureen

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
Hi Maureen,

You are doing so well in looking after your Mum till the end. And what a strong person she seems to be. I bet that's where you get your resiliance from.

Wishing you peace.

Maggie

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
Hi Jackson,
Your Mum is beautiful and has an amazing smile.
Best wishes to you all.

(please don't feel you have to reply, you have enough to do)

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Hi Maureen,

You are doing so well in looking after your Mum till the end. And what a strong person she seems to be. I bet that's where you get your resiliance from.

Wishing you peace.

Maggie

hi maggie,thanku for your kind words,and i think u r right my mam has been quite a strong person most of her life,she has had to bring up a family of 7,and although my dad was my dad he was not very often around,he was either working nightshift or worked away,so to be honest we did'nt see my dad very often,and when he was on nightshift i can't remember seeing him atall.which meant that my mam had to sort things out alone without the support of my dad.

I do think i get a lot of my own strengths from my mam,she has always been extrememly independant,which i think i am too.

my mam seems to be at peace and comfortable at the moment.maureen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5