ive brought my mam home from hospital to die in my home

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
scarborough north yorkshire
Dear Maureen, I cannot believe how long your dear mother has stayed with you. Bless you both. xxx

hi jancis,I cannot believe how long my mam has stayed with us niether,each day that has passed (17 )of them,i ask myself how can this be?

The only conclusion I can reach is that my mam is with us in our nice peaceful home and nice peaceful surroundings, and we keep giving her as much re-assurance as possible.

I do have a niggling doubt now though that my mams health issues are now changing,faecal leakage, and creamy liquid coming out of her mouth lastnight,i am trying to bring myself to the point where i know it is going to happen very soon,and i am preparing myself for that time.

I have been praying and asking god to allow my mam to go peacefully when she travels on her journey,she still appears to be very comfortable and peaceful.
maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Glad your mum is still comfortable, Maureen.

You are doing an amazing job of caring for her. I admire your strength - I'm not sure I could to it.

I'm sure she is reassured by your presence & will slip quietly away when she is good & ready.

Wishing you a peaceful night.

Mo
x

hi Mo,thanku for your kind words.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Maureen, we struggle to come into this world and it can be a struggle to leave, your Mum is sparing you the memory of her being distressed and is slipping slowly away. I hope tonight remains peaceful.x.

hi cragmaid,i agree with u totally we certainly do struggle to come into this world,and i can understand why we would struggle to leave,i'm sure you are right what u say about my mam sparing us the memory of her being distressed,and i'm sure u r right i too think that my mam is quietly slipping slowly away.

I've been praying for mam and asking god to allow mam to make her journey peacefully.thanku for your kind words.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Hi Maureen, I just wanted to say what a beautiful and tender thing you are doing with and for your Mum, Jane x

hi jane,thanku for your kind words,i really do appreciate the strengths that i have found from u people on this site,to be honest without all the people's support i have had from this site,i dont know if i would have found this inner strength that i have even amazed myself with,but u know the thing is its "my mam"and i'm sure my mam would have done the same for me given the chance.
Apart from that theres no-one else would help my mam in this situation but me,and i know that my mam knows that and appreciates me for that.maureen

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I will say a little prayer for you and your mam tonight, Jackson. What a strong lady she sounds to have survived a difficult twin birth and lung cancer. I think she sounds so peaceful and I pray it continues that way for you tonight. x

Bluebury

Jul 21, 2010
North Manchester
Maureen and John, thinking of you again today. You have both done a wonderful thing for your mum. Very few people have the strength or inner ability to be able to do what you have done and continue to do. I admire you both. Treasure the moments.

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
I am sorry i am late catching up with your thread, but wish you strength to give the care in these sad days that you are experiencing. A very brave thing to do but ever so loving.

x

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
hi nanak,my mam has survived another night and day,there are however new problems occuring now with my mams health issues.
I am pleased that mam is still comfortable and peaceful.
maureen

I'm sure the reason your Mam is hanging on is because of the love and care she is getting from you and your family.
As hard as it is you should be very aware of the wonderful job you are doing and know your Mam will know too. It will be something you can hold onto in the difficult days ahead.
Thinking of you xoxo
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come