It feels like I will be a stranger at my partner's funeral

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Thank you for your kind and supportive words, everyone.
Christel must have misremembered the poem and I think liked her version because it referred to her blue eyes, but I'll go with that version @canary. Google translate has that as happy eyes and that seems very appropriate too. Thank you so much.

It doesn't matter what version you use.

Many couples change words to poems to make them special to themselves.

As for E threatening to not go is this just attention seeking behaviour? Or is she really planning not to go? Either way I hope you can focus on you and Christel on the day and leave E to her own devices.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
With E it is hard to tell, @jugglingmum. I have both versions of the poem written on a wee note I'll take with me. On the day it'll be a load of rambling and tears. Thanks to the support of my wonderful friends on Talking Point I can at least remember the good times and say goodbye on Tuesday.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
We’ll all be thinking of you @nae sporran. Will there be a picture of C standing on or near the coffin? You can recite the poem to her smiling face, forget everyone else. Just you & her.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you Sylvia. @Grannie G.

There will be a little selection of photos of Christel, some with her daughter and one with her mother, placed somewhere near the coffin, @Moggymad. That is a wonderful idea, thank you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Along with everyone else I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope all goes as you want it to.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I'll be thinking of you too. Your eulogy really gives a sense of who Christel was, and I'm sure everyone at the funeral will appreciate it.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I think all your friends here will be with you, Rob. I'm so glad you posted your tribute to Christel here because we certainly appreciated it. You communicate so well what a special person she was.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Christel's children, and they are acting like children half the time, have written a longer eulogy. They disagree some of the details, but along with my short personal memories it will give some celebration of who Christel was. I am not totally on my own. My friend from the photo walking group is going to be conducting the ceremony, though he can't come to the wake as he is off to Morocco in the morning.
Thank you everyone for your support and good wishes. That really means a lot.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Just wanted to add I've been following your posts and will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope all goes well. Christel was so fortunate to have you in her life as you were to have her it's so clear how much you loved each other. Best regards @Wildflowerlady .

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
The special relationship between you and Christel shines through wishing you strength for tomorrow and the coming days. Stay strong Rob!