I Saw A Man Who Looked Like Dad

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good evening everyone,

I was in Sainsbury's and I saw a man who looked just like dad complete with cap, jacket and walking stick.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
its a shock when you do a double take and see someone that isnt. brings up memories without warning.
I know and @love.dad.but.. can sympathise with walking sticks as it was used by dad and other residents in the care home and unfortunately also in a threatening manner which is why dad ended up on memantine.

MaNaAk

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Every time I see my brother I’m reminded of my dad who died in 1999. They look scarily alike, down to the way they squint through their glasses. No wonder my mum always used to think my brother was her husband rather than her son.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I know and @love.dad.but.. can sympathise with walking sticks as it was used by dad and other residents in the care home and unfortunately also in a threatening manner which is why dad ended up on memantine.

MaNaAk
I placed dad's favourite walking stick in with him before the funeral but kept a couple and each day I pass them they always take me back to those oh so many times with a smile on my face!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I've seen my mum in M & S a few times! I go in that M & S Food quite often and it's where we used to take mum to buy snacks in the early days of her being in the care home.

It's such a familiar setting so never a surprise to see her there. Of course, it's always some other little old lady but I really know that double take moment!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I've seen my mum in M & S a few times! I go in that M & S Food quite often and it's where we used to take mum to buy snacks in the early days of her being in the care home.

It's such a familiar setting so never a surprise to see her there. Of course, it's always some other little old lady but I really know that double take moment!
I've seen dad a few times in Sainsbury's recently.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my nan appears in the shop. any older lady with a blue coat and woolly hat ambling along. she used to put her shopping trolley in the trolley. it was her right of way wherever she went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roslynne