Hubby going into CH for respite

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So sorry Pam. Totally horrible situation for you and I don't have any words that will help, sending you love and a huge hug. There's no way you could carry on coping both for your sake or your poor husband's. Praying for blessings and peace for you both.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you all for your help and support, l was told by the CH manager, he is lovely when he is calm, they seem to love him, but he keeps getting flash backs of me, as he said to them l haven't seen my sister for months, (thats me) then some how he gets this feeling that he has to get out to find me, it is so sad. He is having a one to one carer to just see what happens, l haven't been to see him, l was advised not to.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you all for your help and support, l was told by the CH manager, he is lovely when he is calm, they seem to love him, but he keeps getting flash backs of me, as he said to them l haven't seen my sister for months, (thats me) then some how he gets this feeling that he has to get out to find me, it is so sad. He is having a one to one carer to just see what happens, l haven't been to see him, l was advised not to.

Oh Pam it's heartbreaking but like all the others have said he needs help now and hopefully the home will access these easier and quicker. Lots of love to you xxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Heike, very little sleep like you, wonder what today will bring, SS coming to see me this morning.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you Heike, very little sleep like you, wonder what today will bring, SS coming to see me this morning.

You should be sleeping Pam ! Keeping fingers crossed for SS . Ask them about the Crisis Team so when things happen like yesterday , they will be able to act quickly . Holding your hand Pam . Thinking of you xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello everyone, today has not been good CH has refused to keep hubby there as he is an escapee, they have 3 fire escapes!!!! All the residents are very elderly on zimmer's or wheelchairs, they would not have the strengh to jump a 6' fence.
SS have been here to see me, if he had been sectioned it would be easy, but now they have to find him somewhere else to go, 4 CH would not take him. He will stay where he is for another 2wks to give SS time to find somewhere for him to go.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hello everyone, today has not been good CH has refused to keep hubby there as he is an escapee, they have 3 fire escapes!!!! All the residents are very elderly on zimmer's or wheelchairs, they would not have the strengh to jump a 6' fence.
SS have been here to see me, if he had been sectioned it would be easy, but now they have to find him somewhere else to go, 4 CH would not take him. He will stay where he is for another 2wks to give SS time to find somewhere for him to go.

Well SS have a Duty Of Care, so they will just have to extract the proverbial finger and do something. At least you now have SS busy, busy, busy, the Police involved and people focussing on your plight. xxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Just caught up, Pam and so sorry to read of your problems. It must be such a worry for you and can only hope things are sorted soon. Don't know where fire exits are at Fred's CH. I suppose they must be there as they have a practice fire drill every Friday morning but, fortunately, Fred has never had the inclination to wander. Sending you a big hug. Verityxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you GG, Izzy, and Cat, all of your messages are helping me, so grateful for your support.☺