Hubby going into CH for respite

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Pam you have been in my thoughts and prayers because you are going through a very hard time indeed. This has been a long slog for you and so stressful. You cannot deal with this level of dementia on your own. Please let the professionals take over and try to get some normality back in your life. It won't be resolved overnight but it will happen.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you marionq, l miss him so much now, 10days, l cannot visit yet until he is settled, l must be strong, l have been busy having a clear out, l also play for 3 bowls clubs, had to give up 4months ago, so l have plenty to do, l am very grateful my family are always here for me.☺

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Good morning Pam, I hope you have a better day and that you can settle to your new reality. You are in my thoughts. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello everyone, Eldest son went to see his father this afternoon, he thought he was in the home with him, said we have to make an escape plan to get out, son said do you know where you are, he said no l haven't got a clue, but we must get out of here, or we will die here, Son spoke to CH manager, they can not keep him there, needs to be in a secure unit.
This is a nightmare for me, l have lost my voice , cannot speak!!!

Where my hubby will go l do not know, l think they will section him, and then decide what to do with him.
I have much support from friends and family, so must be very grateful.

Blogg

Jul 24, 2014
I'm so sorry to read your story and see that you and your husband are both suffering so much. I hope that you both get the support you need and deserve, I'll be thinking of you (())

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Pamann I so so hope they will be able to find a way to help him and for you both to find some peace. What a grand son you have. Good that you have so much support.
What to write without sounding trite?
My dad's meds have been altered and he appears to be settling - so it seems there are things that can be done.
All good wishes

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Do hope this situation gets sorted out soon, so awful for all of you, love and hugs. xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I hope things settle a bit and you both have some peace. I trust someone will sort out something for your poor husband soon

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It really is a nightmare for you pamann .

No one can control the varying symptoms of this illness and most of them are absolutely heartbreaking.

Thank goodness you are being well supported.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Poor man, it's so heartbreaking to get a glimpse into how the world appears to him at the moment. Incredibly stressful for you Pam, no wonder you've lost your voice. So hope there is some peace for both of you soon.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello everyone who replied to my thread, today there is no change hubby stll looking for escape route, l have been in bed resting, as the phone keeps ringing, l have lost my voice, been coughing all night feeling not good, hope tomorrow brings a better day.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Hello everyone who replied to my thread, today there is no change hubby stll looking for escape route, l have been in bed resting, as the phone keeps ringing, l have lost my voice, been coughing all night feeling not good, hope tomorrow brings a better day.

Oh Pam you don't sound well, I do hope you feel a bit better tomorrow and some help can be found for your husband xxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Pam , so sorry to hear you are not well :( thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon and help is on its way for your husband . Lots of love xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry you're not well Pam. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Pam! Just catching up. Phew! That took some reading:( In a way I think it would help if your OH was sectioned. He would be assessed and perhaps some meds given to help him. In your area is there a Crisis team who could visit your OH in the CH and observe what is going on?

I feel so sorry for both of you and I hope you feel better soon.

Love

Lyn T XX

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello LYNT Friday Dr from the Mental Health clinic went to see OH, he should have been sectioned SS said it would have been better for them, OH is staying in care home for another 2wks, it he escapes again he will be sectioned, he has a one to one carer watching him at all times, he is unaware of this. see what happens this week.