House Advice part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineedhelp

Apr 10, 2023
Hi All,

Hope everybody is doing okay. I opened at work and explained how bad I was feeling. I had a initally emergency appointment with Occupational Health and they will really good. OH advised when I feel sucidial get in touch with GP. I am still making daft mistakes on Monday, I corrected it easily but feel so stupid.
I am still greiving for my mum together with the Terrible Twins tormenting me and my niece/daughter. I have feeling pretty dreadful, I had today and yesterday off work. Tuesday is a scheduled day off and today was a A/L because I was suppose to be moving out.
I need to focus on positive things, I have got another interview, got to try on that. Christmas will not be great, but I need to focus that my mum and brother would to get on my life and look after Jordan. She is not in a good place, still unable to work with knee brace off but still on crutches. Jordan only getting statuory sick pay, I have offered to help out finacially but will not take it. She has went to stay with her pals, but she is a mixture of sadness/angry, she has had to leave the only home she has ever known and has lost the only mother she has every had. Moreover, her own mother is taking her to court for damages.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
so are you completely moved now?

Dont worry boutthe siblings taking hertocourt for damages- if she hasnt caused 'damage' they willjust look silly if they have no case/evidence
What is the status with the house now? is it on the mmarket/subject to an offer?

Ineedhelp

Apr 10, 2023
so are you completely moved now?

Dont worry boutthe siblings taking hertocourt for damages- if she hasnt caused 'damage' they willjust look silly if they have no case/evidence
What is the status with the house now? is it on the mmarket/subject to an offer?

Ineedhelp

Apr 10, 2023
House is now on the market at £140,000 I need to go for £150,000 or more. Myself and Jordan did nothing to delay the sale.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
House is now on the market at £140,000 I need to go for £150,000 or more. Myself and Jordan did nothing to delay the sale.
if its on the market for £140,000 you are not going to get £150,000 as a person buying the house is probably going to offer lower than the asking price,ie. £140,000 not higher. would normally go higher to get the price you want so i wouldnt base anything on the amount you want.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Ours went over the asking price but bearing in mind the cost of living it might go lower.

MaNaAk

Ineedhelp

Apr 10, 2023
Hi,
I got told by the solicitor by email the locks have been changed. The TT's are still going ahead with the court case but I have written to my mortgage advisior and solicitor who did the conveynancying to show my timeline. I will sit down and a draft a response to this case to my solicitor.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hi,
I got told by the solicitor by email the locks have been changed. The TT's are still going ahead with the court case but I have written to my mortgage advisior and solicitor who did the conveynancying to show my timeline. I will sit down and a draft a response to this case to my solicitor.
Dear @Ineedhelp,

I'm not sure if their changing the locks is legal. They really take my breath away I mean you own a third of that house!

Hugs

MaNaAk

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Dear @Ineedhelp,

I'm not sure if their changing the locks is legal. They really take my breath away I mean you own a third of that house!

Hugs

MaNaAk
The sale is by the persons acting as the administrators of the estate - the persons to whom the Letters of Confirmation has been granted, not by the beneficiaries of the estate.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
They really take my breath away I mean you own a third of that house!
Beneficial interest only, the legal interest is held by estate administered by the administrator(s).

It would be different if the three beneficiaries opted for joint legal ownership and had the property transferred to them, perhaps considering renting out, before deciding to sell.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Beneficial interest only, the legal interest is held by estate administered by the administrator(s).

It would be different if the three beneficiaries opted for joint legal ownership and had the property transferred to them, perhaps considering renting out, before deciding to sell.
It sounds a bit late for that now @nitram
Apart from lack of co-operation, amiability, etc between the parties over years.
One ends up with the relationships one has by small steps chosen.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Sounds to me as if the people who are going to make the most money out of this house sale are the solicitors and courts.
I think you are right.
Quite ghow much will be left after all the solicitors bills,selling fees etc are paid wil probably be very little! I thing they will be lucky to come out with 100k between them.
Hopefully the end of this sorry saga is in sight

Ineedhelp

Apr 10, 2023
Hi All,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to everybody. Some good news to report, case has been dismissed. My solicitor met me in the street to tell me that case was dismissed with no costs being awarded against myself and Jordan. I also learned that the locks have been changed, with the house still on the market.
Good news for myself and my niece, but she told me that she is spending Christmas day with her pals, so I am going to spend Christmas day on my own. I am not really looking forward to that. I will try and get into the Christmas spirit.

My niece is not coping with things, I am not coping as well. She left the flat on Friday night at 10pm saying she was fed up and going to stay with friends. I have had no contact with her since, I am at my wits end with her. I know she is hurting, I am as well. We lost our mum, our best pal, our world.

As per usual, I would love some feedback from the wonderful people on this site.

I hope everybody is doing well and get on with things .

Status
Not open for further replies.