Hi everyone

Mogeo

Apr 11, 2024
My husband has been diagnosed with Mild Cognitive Impairment which seems to be progressing. It’s like living with a stranger after 53 years of marriage. I guess it’s just ‘hang in there’.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome first of all.
Caring especially if you're alone all or most of the time can be a lonely place to be, I know from experience, I'm not proud to admit it.
Now my wife has passed away I am finding it difficult to move on, with hindsight I should have gone out and looked for some help, your local Alzheimer's Society would be a good place to start. Good luck. K

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome from me too @Mogeo

You will be in good company on this forum. I remember the changes in personality and how hurtful it was. It`s not a good place to be.

When you’ve been together a long time and suddenly feel there is no connection it’s the worst feeling in the world.

Jan48

Apr 25, 2022
My husband has been diagnosed with Mild Cognitive Impairment which seems to be progressing. It’s like living with a stranger after 53 years of marriage. I guess it’s just ‘hang in there’.
How did your husband got diagnosed? My husband is waiting for a referral at the memory clinic. His short term memory is terrible. I think he will be diagnosed with dementia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alix0463