Hello

Atthebeach

Mar 27, 2024
Fareham
Well mum got diagnosed today with late stage Alzheimer’s. I feel numb as it’s been like the Hokey Cokey getting her diagnosed as one time she had no issues on her scan, next it showed mild cognitive impairment, then she had delirium and boom - now it’s like she’s gone down a fireman’s pole in to Alzheimer’s which they initially thought was anxiety and depression…..

I just feel lost - as I feel numb, is there something wrong with me?? I have cried but just feel i need to just put my big girl pants on and keep going, my kids 5&10 know grandma is poorly, and have ordered a book to explain if she forgets things the memories are in her heart not gone.

Hope you are all keeping on, keeping in xx

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Just hello and welcome, did it with both mum and wife, big boy pants are more like braces than a waistband, it isn't easy, we are all here to listen. K

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Atthebeach and welcome to Dementia Support Forum. I am sorry to hear about your mum but glad that you have found us. This is a great place to ask questions, learn from the experience of others, share with people who truly understand and let off steam. Do keep coming back whenever you need support and we will do our best to help you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingfisherl