• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Hello again. :(

Canadian Joanne

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I also loathe scammers - they are such lowlifes. I've had several arguments with them. One memorable one was when they kept trying to get my address to verify it. This because I had a credit card with them (which I didn't). They could not accept that I kept saying I didn't give information to people who phoned me.

There is a website called scamorama.com. These people try and keep online scammers busy as possible so they won't bother other people. It's good fun reading it.

Also, this video is absolutely hysterical.

CardiffGirlInEssex

Oct 6, 2018
It's worth investing in a call blocking phone, this has pretty well wiped out scam calls for is and for my parents. Basically, a caller from any number not stored in the phone memory has to announce themselves and wait. If they do go through the process (which has only happened once for us) you have a choice to accept the call or divert it to the answering machine where, surprise surprise, they don't leave a message. I would strongly recommend this type of phone.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I've been ill (again!!) over the weekend. I'm never ill. But this is my third bout since shortly before Christmas. Nothing serious, just coughs and colds. Saturday morning I woke up with tonsillitis. However, once I was up and moving around, it cleared up and I was fine all day. Until evening. When suddenly, it came roaring back! Terribly painful, tonsils so swollen that I could hardly swallow. I thought for sure I'd be heading to out of hours doc on Sunday morning, but meanwhile, I bombarded it with Sambucol (elderberry syrup), Olive Leaf Extract (so utterly foul, it has to be doing you good!), and Vit C/zinc. I took Night Nurse going to bed, and slept solidly for over 9 hours! But I felt much better by yesterday morning, so continued with the olive leaf extract 🤢🥴 etc. over the day, and was feeling better enough to go to work this morning! Tonsils still very slightly inflamed, but definitely much better. I've a routine doctor appointment anyway tomorrow, so I'll let her have a look then.

But I had the most lovely dream on Saturday night! I dreamed I woke up, and could sense that it was gone very much colder than it had been. Yet, the radiator was hot. And I was thinking "how is the heating running? Surely, the stove can't be still lighting! I didn't put any fuel on it since about 5 yesterday evening!" So, I got up to check the stove (in my dream), and William was there, sitting by the stove, putting fuel on! "Aha!" he said "there you are! It was very cold, so I thought I'd keep the stove going for you. You'll be ok now." and then I woke up! Silly, maybe, but the dream left me feeling as if he is still looking after me.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Silly, maybe, but the dream left me feeling as if he is still looking after me.
What a lovely dream @LadyA

I`m sorry you`ve been so unwell. The bad cough and cold virus which has been circulating seems to return with a second infection. I had it in October and then again in November. An absolute pain.

I do hope yours doesn`t hang on and you soon feel much better.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I also loathe scammers - they are such lowlifes. I've had several arguments with them. One memorable one was when they kept trying to get my address to verify it. This because I had a credit card with them (which I didn't). They could not accept that I kept saying I didn't give information to people who phoned me.

There is a website called scamorama.com. These people try and keep online scammers busy as possible so they won't bother other people. It's good fun reading it.

Also, this video is absolutely hysterical.
THANK YOU. I HAD A GOOD BELLY LAUGH OVER THE GIANT GUMMY LIZARD! I have had a lot of phone calls in the last few months informing me that my internet was going to be disconnected. Now my reply is to the caller "Do you know you are the 56th person to call me in the last three months telling me exactly the same thing?" They just hang up.

Another tried to convince me he was my Telco but I was very suspicious so I insisted he give me his phone number. He was very reluctant but I pointed out to him that if he had my phone number, it was only fair that I have his. He gave me a number which I knew instantly was incorrect and when I asked him to wait while I called the number, he hung up. Out of curiosity, I called the number he gave me and turned out to be the Commonwealth Bank in Sydney. That was fun.

Last edited:

Prim&Proper

Sep 8, 2019
Another good website to visit is 419eater.com, 419 being Advanced Fee Fraud. The people there bait scammers into thinking money will be sent to them; but ultimately failing every single time. They get sent to all parts of Africa to receive non-existent packages , pictures are taken to verify travel and much more. The scammers greed knows no bounds and they practically will do anything, ultimately to their detriment.

These 419 scammers are criminals and make a very good living at what they do, so wasting their time for a while saves an actual victim being ripped off.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I hope you are fully on the mend soon @LadyA - and what a lovely dream!

I have had similar lovely, caring dreams about my husband here and there - and it does give me a much needed boost when it happens :)