has anyone else had no support from siblings following the loss of a parent?

grouse

Nov 11, 2013
I did join a careers support group online, but I felt I didn't really belong.
When I say carer, what I mean is basically I was the only one who cared about mum. I arranged everything for her, her home care , council stuff, housing, benefits, money, everything really, but I didn't do the day to day washing and dressing, that was done by home care. Anything mum needed I got her or ordered for her, I was the only one who visited. Basically really the only one who cared enough. But I thought a carer was someone who did all the personnel hygiene things, I didn't do that, but I made sure the council workers did anything like that she needed.
I don't really know what I'd call what I did, just be a good daughter really.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I'd definitely call you a loving daughter AND her carer. If what you do isn't caring then nothing is.

grouse

Nov 11, 2013
thanks noorza, that means a lot to me. Mum has passed away now and I dont feel anyone but me and her knew what I did for her, or how much she meant to me. Well thats wrong, hubby knew. My siblings didnt, I dont know what they thought I did, maybe they thought a magic fairy appeared and sorted out everything, or mum secretly was fit and able to do it all. I dont know. Their lack of acknowledgement about anything i did or felt for my mum troubles me, but I dont know why, mum knew and I knew and that should be enough for me.
sorry to ramble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purple28