• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Goodbye and Hello

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
My mum rests a lot. She is 90 and physically couldn’t do a day centre she would be shattered. Mum is up between 7:30 til 9 then nap time. Up at 10:15 til 1:30 then nap time Up 4pm til 10pm with a couple of snoozes in the chair. She always goes to bed for her naps and she sleeps very heavily. If we go out during the day the chair snoozes are longer in the evening.
Maybe mum needs more rest ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Maybe you are right @Starting on a journey , she gets up about 8am , if we aren’t doing much she will nap during the afternoon sometimes , she is normally in bed by 9pm , she too goes to her bed for naps . I worry that she sits in her chair for too long as she is very overweight and is only 72 , her ankles swell a bit so when she sits she always has her feet up . DC nicely spaced out but then Mary comes in between and I notice that seems too much , if I don’t have Mary often she will leave but when I mentioned dropping a day at club she don’t on my account in case I get another job so have been just plodding along , it is too much for mum I agree but I am stuck.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
It is probably cause and effect; carrying extra weight will make mum tired but if she doesn’t move it will encourage weight gain, let alone the dementia aspect. So very difficult for you all.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
So pleased that situation between daughter and your Mum continues to improve. Thanks for asking @Woo2. We are muddling through the lockdown like most. OH did his back in getting me crates out of the loft to clear Mum’s bungalow and then he got phone calls out of blue from Hospital consultants saying he wants to some more test and then probably remove his gall bladder.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh @Bikerbeth , poor OH ,I’m sorry he hurt his back , and that he may need an op soon . Hope he is feeling better soon and will be on the road to full fitness and you can get off on some new adventures once it’s possible 🤞🤗 take care .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrankRMC