But oh those lonely nights .........

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Well, cheers to everyone. :D Ireland's Call, was brilliant, and I had a wonderful time. There's lots of "all together now" songs, like Whiskey In The Jar, and the dancing was marvellous.

If you get the chance to see this (it's touring nationwide), I can recommend it. I've come home, feeling like I've been to a great party, and am hoarse from yelling out "More!", and my hands hurt from clapping so much!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Have just collected my laptop, which was having its service, and my desktop takes so long to get fired up, that you could conceive, carry and give birth whilst you're waiting! So I've been absent for 2 whole days. :eek:

Loved Showboat, which I saw yesterday, and can thoroughly recommend. Went to my first rehearsal with Choir 3, and was placed with The Men, in the bass section. ;) The pieces were challenging, because everything is sung in 4 parts, and I was desperately trying to sight read the bass clef.

For any musicians out there, I can cope if it's in the keys of C, F or G, but once too many sharps and flats appear, I'm lost. :( But neither of the men either side of me could read music, so though they knew (ish) all the pieces, I wasn't too bad, and just kept quiet if I couldn't cope.

Though this isn't the light hearted fun of Choirs 1 and 2, I am looking forward to the challenge, and enjoyed myself. :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I have a "date"!!!

The man I met at the Bereavement Course I attended, phoned me to say he couldn't make today's follow up meeting - but would I meet him for coffee next week. I've agreed. :) He spoke at length about his "down days" and said he had lots to tell me - which I hope won't be too "down". :eek:

I arrived at the meeting to find - me. Nobody else attended. I felt sorry for the organisers, but fortunately I was brimming with positive things to tell them, and they were glad that their one attendee was in good spirits.

After reading an article in my Church Magazine, asking for more members, I've also phoned a Ladies Probus group, who meet once a month for lunch, and will be going at the end of next month.

I'm playing my uke and singing at one of the Care Homes next week, where I've been before. As I drove past them today, I decided to pop in and check the times, and I also said that as they know, though I don't charge myself, if they'd like to give me a cheque payable to The Alzheimer's Society, for whatever amount they wish, I'd be pleased to pass this on, as I'd then be doing this in John's memory, and they readily agreed. :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Oh LadyA, it's my turn now to have yet another cold. :( Was sick last night, crawled out of bed this morning to let Billy out, slept off and on most of the day, and just waiting for Dan to Skype me, then back to bed.

Haven't ate anything, and just had a few glasses of water.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh dear! Maybe you need some vitamins to support your busy schedule these days - not to mention to strengthen your immune system, as you are coming into contact with so many more people?
Do try and eat something though. And have some hot drinks. Even some soup would be good.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry you have caught the cold Scarlett and glad you are staying at home and resting. Get well soon. :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Had a "nightdress" day yesterday, but thanks to lots of sleep, lots of flu tablets, and gallons of lemon barley water, I feel much better. Have had a bath, taken Billy out for a little walk, and don't feel too wobbly.

Yes, you're all probably right, and I'm meeting so many people now, and sharing their germs, that coughs and colds are more likely. Thank you for all our kind wishes.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I sang and played for an hour this afternoon at a local Care Home, and was given £30 donation, so I'll be sending this to the Society. :)