But oh those lonely nights .........

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Actually I think the main stars of our concert will be The Croutons. We are sharing the bill. They are having a break for a while. They are a trio comprising our choir mistress (sexist but to distinguish), a choirmaster from Wiltshire and an Australian lady with a great voice. They sing a capella (?) with a wide range and are amazing. For anyone interested please look at YouTube. You will be astonished. Will try to take a pic of us all!!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Got to go for a lie down now! Everything went really well, and Big Spender was a huge hit! ;);) We raised loads for the Hospice, which is what it's all about. As this concert was to celebrate The Queen's actual birthday, next week, we finished with Jerusalem, Rule Britannia, and God Save The Queen, all a cappella.

Bearing in mind the average age of our audience is 80 something, I was quite choked when every single one stood up. I felt so proud of them all. :D

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you fans. ;) Have been asked to do another concert ..... on Thursday! :eek: Talk about short notice. :) Another 24 songs, all familiar, but haven't sung them with this choir, which is an offshoot of Choir 2, but it's all for charity, and keeps me out of mischief. ;)

So as there's a 5 hour rehearsal tomorrow, I've said I'll delay starting the 5.30 - 7.30 rehearsals for Choir 3, till next week, or Billy's bladder will give out. ;) If ever there was a bargain, it was me getting my 99p sparkly black top, which is getting plenty of use!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thank you fans. ;) Have been asked to do another concert ..... on Thursday! :eek: Talk about short notice. :) Another 24 songs, all familiar, but haven't sung them with this choir, which is an offshoot of Choir 2, but it's all for charity, and keeps me out of mischief. ;)

So as there's a 5 hour rehearsal tomorrow, I've said I'll delay starting the 5.30 - 7.30 rehearsals for Choir 3, till next week, or Billy's bladder will give out. ;) If ever there was a bargain, it was me getting my 99p sparkly black top, which is getting plenty of use!
How's your voice holding out? Stars mustn't strain their voices, you know!

I hope Billy is getting plenty of spoiling between concerts!! But as you say - keeps you out of mischief! Well done. Maybe you better keep your eyes open for a second 99p top, in case you get over-booked and don't get a chance to wash the one you have!:D

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex

Well, it's had 6 washes so far, put in a pillowcase, with the end safety pinned, and has washed up beautifully - and doesn't need ironing. :D

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
A 5 hour rehearsal. You must be exhausted before you start the concert. Know I was totally shattered after our concert on Sat and that was only 1 hr rerhearsal followed by 1 hr singing about an hour later. As posted elsewhere, we raised nearly £1100 for our local hospice. Not bad for a village Where did you get your 99p top? Could do with a bright pink one

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
A 5 hour rehearsal. You must be exhausted before you start the concert. Know I was totally shattered after our concert on Sat and that was only 1 hr rerhearsal followed by 1 hr singing about an hour later. As posted elsewhere, we raised nearly £1100 for our local hospice. Not bad for a village Where did you get your 99p top? Could do with a bright pink one

My bargain top was from eb*y. :D It was advertised in January as "worn once", and said it was by Savoir and washable. I haven't bought used items before, but I figured for 99p (nobody else made a bid), it was worth it, even if I had to give it to the Charity shop.

The back is plain, the front is all sequinned, with an almost slash-neck, and long chiffon sleeves, with sparkly cuffs - and everyone has commented on it, as it sparkles so much.

This Thursday's programme is completely different from last Friday's, and we have 24 songs now, plus Jerusalem, Rule Britannia, God Save the Queen and Happy Birthday! They include Oompapa (from Oliver), You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile (from Annie), King of the Road, Back in the old routine and Fings ain't what they used to be.

My 2 favourites are What Do You Wanna Make Those Eyes at Me For, and Chapel of Love. :D

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am full of admiration for the way you have managed your life over this past year.
You have achieved so much. Your John must be so proud of you. x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ering