But oh those lonely nights .........

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Haven't been on TP much lately, Scarlett but have often wondered how you are.
So pleased to hear that your lip has healed, that your mammogram was clear
and VERY relieved to hear about Gloria. Glad your granddaughter is still supporting you and well done for your fund raising concerts. Long may you continue.

Hi Verity, lovely to read your post. How are things with you? I went to a Ladies Lunch last week, where we had some delicious home made lentil soup, followed by chicken and veg, and rhubarb crumble and custard. After that, I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day, and then at about 11pm, I suddenly felt sick.

There then followed 4 hours of me kneeling on the bathroom floor, being sick, flushing the loo, shivering, then sweating, and I was sure I had food poisoning and was about to die. This in itself didn't worry me, and I wasn't even worried about Billy, because I was due to see Gloria the next day, and knew she would be concerned by my absence, and she had a key, so would get a cab to me.

All I was worried about was if I would have time, before my final breath, to flush the loo!!! I could imagine people coming in and saying "well you'd have thought she'd have cleared up after being sick"!!!!!!!!! How daft can you get. Anyway, as you will have gathered, I'm still alive. I was able to visit Gloria the next day, who is making slow but steady progress, and appear in another concert the day after.

Love to everyone

Without going in

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Aw, @Scarlett123 , so sorry to hear you were ill (though I confess to sniggering at your description of being worried about not flushing the loo before expiring!). Being ill is miserable enough, but somehow, when you're alone, it seems twice as bad - or is that just me?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Aw, @Scarlett123 , so sorry to hear you were ill (though I confess to sniggering at your description of being worried about not flushing the loo before expiring!). Being ill is miserable enough, but somehow, when you're alone, it seems twice as bad - or is that just me?

Oh you're definitely right. I so wanted to get a dressing gown, for the shivering times, and a stool to sit on, but with nobody to get them for me, and frightened to leave the safety of the loo, I couldn't do so for ages. But what I miss most of all is a hug when you're feeling poorly - or even when you're feeling great.

By the way, I don't know why the words "without going in" appear on my previous post!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thought I'd pop in and send best wishes to everyone, and hope we all get through the next few weeks, painful though it may be. Feeling the loss of John even more after 3 years, and of course I've got the week of anniversaries, in a couple of weeks time, to get through.

I've been nailing a smile firmly on my face, at all the Christmas Concerts I've been performing in with the Community Choirs - one every day this week! Christmas Day again will be just me and my faithful Billy, who, like me, is struggling with arthritis, but hopefully there'll be lots on the TV that appeals.

Gloria is still not herself, though much much better than she was, and I'm just thankful that she is still with us, and remains such a good, kind and supportive friend. What would we do without our friends? Sadly, funerals are now becoming a regular thing, and people you have exchanged Christmas cards with, for decades, no longer appear on the list.

I wish you all a healthy and peaceful 2018.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Lovely to hear from you Scarlett! Glad to hear Gloria is doing better too.

Wishing you and Billy a peaceful Christmas and a healthy and happier 2018. xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513