Asking for sponsors

ScaredyCat

Mar 31, 2019
Am I allowed to ask for sponsors on this site? The particular thing I want to do is a sporting event which will be a MASSIVE challenge for me. I don't have that many friends I can rely on to sponsor me and would love to know I have the chance to raise a large sum of money for my efforts.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi there and well done for doing some fundraising on behalf of the Society.

I’ve checked the guidelines and they emphasise that any fund raising done should be done through JustGiving. The details are in this paragraph which I’ve copied from the guidelines -

Fundraising

If you’d like to fundraise for the Alzheimer’s Society on Dementia Talking Point, that’s great. Just make sure you post in the Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society forum.

Also we encourage you to use the JustGiving website, www.justgiving.com/alzheimerssoc/ to raise funds online so supporters can be assured that their money is going to help Alzheimer’s Society in the UK.

If you wish to fundraise for a charity other than Alzheimer’s Society please contact the staff team at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk.

Please don’t post personal fundraising and other crowdfunding campaigns as these will be removed.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Yes - of course anyone who wishes to sponsor you will have to be aware that they will have to use their real name so will not remain anonymous.

ScaredyCat

Mar 31, 2019
Thank you everyone. The event isnt until October next year but I will need to lose lots of weight and do lots of training. I am really spurred on by the thought of raising lots of money for the Alzheimers Association. Watch this space...

ScaredyCat

Mar 31, 2019
Fingers crossed a half iron man in Turkey. My husband has done quite a few full iron mans. At the moment he is helping me get confident on the bike because I'm too scared/ not good enough to cycle on the road. I'm having lessons for front crawl because I can only do breast stroke though I very confident in water and often go open water swimming). Finally I need to loose at least 2.5 stone. So that one's on me...oh and Im in my mid 50s.😆😬

Last edited: