Exercise for motivation for Carers

flyfishertc

Jun 16, 2023
As a carer for a loved one with advanced Dementia-Alzheimers I know too well how difficult it can be to have a positive attitude. Some days it's just not possible.

One thing that helps me a lot is exercise. Physical work can have a profound effect on our mental well-being. To that end, I have just started a private Facebook Group ''Exercise against Dementia". The idea is that members help and support each other to remain physically active and to find and keep a little part of the world that is 'just for you'. You don't have to have a track record of sporting prowess to join, small physical gestures at home will do, as long as you commit to some progress for yourselves.

Here is the address to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/908954834345895

I hope you don't mind me posting this.

Alberta23

Oct 15, 2023
What a fabulous idea. I am sure forum users would love to check it out. Even if they dont go on Facebook, just your idea is wonderful to share, and so true.
Perhaps the group could have a Public option where anyone can access bits of it, and a private option for those who dont want the world to see them?
I often check out public pages, as i dont have to join Facebook to do that. Keep on sharing ideas. X thankyou.

special 1

Oct 16, 2023
Hi there. As carers I think anything that can help us will much appreciated as we all can't get out and about the same anymore. Good luck with your outlet. 🦸‍♀️🦸‍♀️🦸‍♀️

flyfishertc

Jun 16, 2023
Many thanks @Alberta23 and @special 1 . FB is not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but I have made some good (actual) friends over FB over the years. Also, I realise that many carers do not want to discuss stuff in public. The FB group is private in that only members can see the discussion but that's not really completely private. It is possible to join FB under a nom de plume.

The group currently has 5 members. I run a photography FB group that has c 600 members. I would not expect the 'Exercise against Dementia' group to become large. A small group is better than none.

Alberta23

Oct 15, 2023
I think its a wonderful idea. Promote it as much as you can. Every idea helps someone. X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jean16