App problems and blocked content

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Tin, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Hi, my app has just updated all by itself! So I'm here trying to make sense of it all! Give me a couple of days and I might understand it all!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

2. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    Same here :eek: Can't find my way around at all. I prob need a week to get used to it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

3. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    There probably isn't a way..... and here is the but....

I wonder if there was/is a way to update what needed for our protection, "behind the scenes" leaving the "usual" way of accessing the TP app

I'm guessing not....

Tho it does feel like change for change sake at the moment. New and improved access, isn't necessarily new and improved.....

4. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    And another thing.....

I guess I had better change my name to moaning Minnie from 2jays today.....

Can't see clearly on timeline which threads I subscribe to. I used to look at my subscribed threads first, then go on and read other threads. Saved me time from button hopping between subscribed, unread etc...

5. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Doesn't the app show the threads you have subscribed to by green envelopes 2jays?

6. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    I'm using the new app. Everything has changed from the previous version. Not green spot that says who is logged on, no yellow blob/star to say subscribed - things I unconsciously was aware of

To my mind, now very complicated to find your way round, not as "user friendly" as the relatively previous AP was user friendly(ish) only my opinion

I noticed when a previous change to talking point, newer members seemed less inclusive of other sections of TP. I'm beginning to realise that if they had logged into one section, they may not have been easily aware of the other sections, as they need finding - if that makes sense....

On this new version, I had to "find" the timeline part. Which for me is an overview of all threads/sections. It wasn't "first on the list" and took time for me to realise I needed to "find" time line in a different way

Not sure if I was a newbie now, using the app, that I would have the mental energy to make as full use of TP as I have in the past

Could just be my age :D

Edited: what's happened to the big grin face? Not showing on mine

7. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Oh I see. Think I'll stick to using the main site via safari then! :D

8. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
  9. SerenaS

SerenaS Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2011
    London
    App now available on iTunes store

Hi Apple/iPhone/iPad people,

You should now be able to download the updated app from the iTunes store. :)

Please do update your app as soon as you can as a number of security and performance improvements are included.

Thanks,

Serena

10. SerenaS

SerenaS Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2011
    London
    Hi 2jays,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the updated app. This is from a third-party company called Tapatalk and they've requested that we update to the latest version, which includes a number of fixes.

We don't receive any release information from the company, so I make the screenshots and share what information I can with you all. If I had more information, I'd share it.

At the moment, we're looking at what members think of the app and how helpful it is and we'll take your feedback into consideration as we want to make sure we're offering the best service to you all.

If anyone else has feedback on the app, please leave it on this discussion thread or email talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

Thanks,

Serena

11. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Help. I'm having to write this on my phone as the updated version of the app on my iPad will not let me post or reply. Can't find a way in. Ideas anyone?

12. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    "...the updated version of the app on my iPad will not let me post or reply."

Can you see the Members' area, ie are you logged on?

13. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Hi Nitram. No I don't seem to be logged in but can't figure it out on new version

14. SerenaS

SerenaS Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2011
    London
    Hi Bunpoots,

Hopefully the below images from the app will help? Tapping the three lines on the top left hand side of the app (also known as a hamburger menu) brings up the option to Login. :)

15. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester

Attached Files:

16. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Yay! I'm in. Thanks guys [emoji3]

17. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Just had to reload app as it froze on me

Something I said? [emoji23][emoji23]

18. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    I had to un-install and reinstall it a couple of times before it worked. :-D

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

19. Diannie

Diannie Registered User

Jun 2, 2015
    Hopeless
    I have just logged on to the Talking Point app. Dreadful. I have all logs down one half of the screen while the other half is blank. Unable to read or follow. If it does not improve I will delete app permanently. Such a shame as I usually log on each day

20. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the app?