App problems and blocked content

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi chick,

I mentioned earlier in this discussions that the iPhone version isn't available yet - we're waiting for Apple to approve it. Hopefully it won't be too long :)

So sorry Serena as I missed that . I am happy anyway to be able to get in and chat with our friends ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Last few days I have been getting 'invalid use name/password' Used up all my 5 passes and still hit or miss if I can get in!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Can I ask - if people want to report a problem it would be helpful if you specify if the issue is with the app or the main site, and if the former whether you are on an apple or Android device.

Sent from my XT1526 using Talking Point mobile app

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Hello, using the app on Android and just one small query. I am assuming (dangerous I know!) that the green spot by someone's name means they are online?

I have been reading a thread and noticed that some people are showing online in a thread but not in the list of people (and, unless like me they are awake in the early hours, at a time they are unlikely to be online) and also that they show online by some of their posts but not by others when you scroll through that thread.

I know it's not hugely important in itself but if it is a glitch sometimes it is an issue that can be relevant more widely.

I did put my glasses on to check it's not just me being blurry eyed!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hmm - I'm on android (well not while typing this but the app is active on my phone) and I'm not seeing a green dot. But normally a green dot does mean someone is online. But that might mean the app is active and they haven't closed it. So sort of online. Where are you seeing the green dot?

Edit: is this dot by the avatar? Because I think that's just a dot and means nothing.

Last edited:

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Yes the dot is by the avatar and I am seeing it when reading and /or replying to a thread. The couple of people I checked didn't show online in the people list and the green spot only showed by some of their posts in the thread.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Jennifer, none of your's has a green dot on this thread at this moment but Celia's show one as do mine. As I never log off from TP, does that mean I am always shown as being here - 'cos I'm not!
I seem to to recall a similar conversation a few years back about this.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Nitram, I'm not sure what you mean when you say normal size at the top left of screen. I can see either a clear or green dot on right beside name of person and can understand that it means that that person is either active at the time or not. So going by that premise that it means logged in or not, it would mean that mine is green all the time. Is that right?
Also can see clear square to the left of the date is coloured blue for some posts?Curiouser and curiouser!

Am using main website.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I posted the names of the images

...user-offline.png and ...user-online.png

so you could see what they meant.

If you click on a link you might miss the dot at top left of screen

EDIT

Yes, if logged on you should be martian coloured!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Saffie, earlier when I originally posted, yours was clear. Will look at other posts later when not on phone x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

Been off walking the dog so hopefully, going by what you have said Celia, my dot would have been clear on the thread list. So, not green all the time for being logged on then. Perhaps it cancels itself out after a time.

No dot of any colour on top left of thread list screen Nitram, just a square, sometimes blue, on an actual post.
Ps. You actually said not offline for clear but not logged on.

None of it really matters but it's just interesting to know what things signify sometimes!
I'm going off now though, remaining logged on as always, so hopefully will no longer appear green tinged!

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I was posting the two URLs for the two dots showing titles.
You can click on either to see what the relevant image is, it appears top left of new screen.

"Also can see clear square to the left of the date is coloured blue for some posts?"

Yes I can.
I'ts when I enter a thread and appears on either the last or all posts.
It vanishes on a refresh.
If I leave the thread and then return it only reappears if I have also left the site.
It might be a indication as to whether or not the viewer has read the post which could be corrupt in my case as a lot of the time I am logged on viewing members' area and posting with the site still asking me to log on or register.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"I'm going off now though, remaining logged on as always, so hopefully will no longer appear green tinged!"

At the time of this post you are green tinged, showing in 'Members online' at bottom of main forum page with a 'last activity' in your profile at 10.39 - 'modifying post'

EDIT

12.15 Not green not in list at bottom

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Saffie - you don't use the app though do you? Because on the regular site the green dot does mean that someone is on line, I'm just not sure what it means on the app though.

Sent from my XT1526 using Talking Point mobile app

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Quite right Jennifer, I don't use the app though I had it on my iPad until very recently. I find it quicker to just click on the heading at the top,of my iPad and come straight here!

According to Celia, my dot was clear first thing this morning so I dareday once I stop posting it clears after a certain time has elapsed even though still logged on.

I've only just noticed that the squares are coloured blue sometimes!
Definitely off now as I am going out!