App problems and blocked content

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Blocked Content

Sorry to contact you this way in this thread. Am limited on how I use app just now.

I tried logging onto main site through phone and cannot log on through safari

Just to let you know my phone "updated" last night and when I pressed app for talking point, a message came up

The app owner needs to upgrade app

Or something like, using this app may slow down your phone the owner needs to upgrade app

I have deleted "old" app and re-installed last night before phone upgrade

iPhone 4s - sorry not taken an interest at which upgrade it was doing, just came back from holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi 2jays,

Thanks for letting me know. There are quite a few processes involved when updating apps including Apple and Android reviewing and approving them. This ensures that the apps that are available to you and me have been properly assessed. This is the stage that we are at, so hopefully we'll be moving to publishing the new apps soon.

Best wishes,

Serena

EDIT: I've renamed this thread so all discussions about the app and technical issues can be found in one place.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Please let everyone involved know that I am very appreciative of all their hard work keeping us safe, and for keeping this site on going.

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Please let everyone involved know that I am very appreciative of all their hard work keeping us safe, and for keeping this site on going.

Thanks 2jays, that means a lot. :)

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Sorry LadyA - the issues with the Android app are being investigated at the moment. The mystery is that you can see thread titles but not thread content, and you can post replies but can't see any other posts. We're working on it!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry LadyA - the issues with the Android app are being investigated at the moment. The mystery is that you can see thread titles but not thread content, and you can post replies but can't see any other posts. We're working on it!

My phone is about five years old - could it be that that's the problem? :D Maybe I'll re-install the app again, and see if that helps.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ooh! Ooh! I've re- downloaded the app, turned off my phone for a while and now I can see posts! Everything is very different!! But at least it's working. :)
Golly though. I do not like how dependent I am on this smartphone. Insidious addiction, or just laziness? Nothing to stop me turning on the laptop, after all!

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Updated app available from Google Play store

Hi everyone,

The new app is available in the Google Play store for anyone with an Android device. This should mean that you'll be able to post and see content on Talking Point (fixing previous issues).

We are waiting for Apple to sign off on their version of the app but it will be automatically released when it is approved.

Thanks for your patience,

Serena :)

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thanks Serena and thank you to the techies ☺ Seems to be working for me - just updated tablet and phone. Had to turn off photo preview (presumably last picture on that thread?) as one of them was a big hairy spider...

Edit to add - I see it still has the same problem with people online. From about halfway down the list people only show as looking at Index but if you open the "who is online" in a browser it shows the list fully (ie mix of some looking at posts, some looking at index etc) for whole list.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

Last edited:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
On iPhone and so far, unless there is a change, I go to people bit, then there is log out button there

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Some images from the new-look app ...

A new trending tab for discussions that are being viewed a lot

and1.jpg

The timeline now shows a little more content

and2.jpg

On the left hand menu you can see key options e.g. log in and change settings

and3.jpg

New options include night reading mode, change font size, turning off image previews and content previews

and4.jpg

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
None of that shows on my I fone guess it has not updated but runs with the old format which still works after initially being locked out ?

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi chick,

I mentioned earlier in this discussions that the iPhone version isn't available yet - we're waiting for Apple to approve it. Hopefully it won't be too long :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch