App problems and blocked content

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Mary, Serena posted an announcement about the app (I'm having the same issue)

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/announcement.php?f=70&a=153

And Tapatalk is what drives the app I'm afraid. So while you may not think you're using it, if you use the app you are.

Your best bet at the moment to access TP from a mobile device is to actually uninstall the Talking Point app from your device and then simply access forum.alzheimers.org.uk from your browser. By default it should bring up the mobile format. You will have to log in again.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"By default it should bring up the mobile format"

If it doesn't you can switch at bottom left
To get out of mobile click on 'full site' at bottom.

Attachments

• 2016-12-07_062202.jpg
    2016-12-07_062202.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 351

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Thanks everyone for flagging these issues. Our app is currently unavailable whilst a number of tasks are performed to update it.

Talking Point is still here and available on browsers. Nitram has helpfully included a screenshot of how to access the mobile style if you don't see it.

Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime whilst we address this.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Spamar has messaged to say she is having issues with tapatalk, I've copied and pasted Jennifer and Nitram's posts and sent emailed them to her

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Thank you jugglingmum for doing that. The irritating thing about the app not working is that in order to get to the site via a browser you have to deinstall the app: if you try to simply open the browser and type http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/ it attempts to use the faulty app and won't (as far as I can) allow you to avoid doing so. Which is why you need to remove it.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
That was interesting - I forgot and clicked on the app and it opened. Showed the normal page but when I clicked on a thread no posts visible and on some it said I would be the first to post.

Jennifer, when I first had a problem with trying to look at TP in a browser it came up with a window about using the app. When I closed that using the x in the top right hand corner it then allowed me on to the site. That window hasn't appeared since.

Feel sorry for the techies but also for those who can't get in or don't think/know of using a browser - especially if it's someone having a difficult time. Maybe an email to users would help? I doubt it was expected to go on for more than a few hours though.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I'm still getting the invalid password message.... I ignore it, hit Todays Posts and ...Bobs your proverbial uncle!!

A mild irritation now in the a world of much greater concerns.... :D

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments and I am sorry that the issues are continuing. We are working with the app company to update the Apple and Android apps so I am hopeful that this will be sorted soon.

We've posted a global announcement about this and will continue to update you as things progress.

Serena

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thank you jugglingmum for doing that. The irritating thing about the app not working is that in order to get to the site via a browser you have to deinstall the app: if you try to simply open the browser and type http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/ it attempts to use the faulty app and won't (as far as I can) allow you to avoid doing so. Which is why you need to remove it.

I have both on my iPad and have no problem using the usual website via Safari and google.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
App is kind of working for me too, in that I can navigate around and post. However I can't see previous posts on any thread- not even the posts I've made since re-installing the app.

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
App is kind of working for me too, in that I can navigate around and post. However I can't see previous posts on any thread- not even the posts I've made since re-installing the app.

Thanks for raising that LadyA, it seems to be an issue for the Android app but not for the Apple version. We're investigating this at the moment and hope to have it fixed soon.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Serena, I can see that you've answered my post, but when I click on the thread, I can't see any posts. I can only see posts that I've immediately posted. Better than nothing! :)

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
LadyA, sort of work around: go to the post, hit the 3 dots in the top right corner, choose Web View and then open the post in the browser. It's obviously not what is supposed to happen but it does work.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
LadyA, sort of work around: go to the post, hit the 3 dots in the top right corner, choose Web View and then open the post in the browser. It's obviously not what is supposed to happen but it does work.
In insists I am not logged in - but I am. I keep logging in! :D Until it's all sorted out, I'll just use it on the laptop when I can for catching up, and post on the phone when I can.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yes it tells me that as well, but if I ignore that, it shows that I am logged in. I agree - probably best not to use the android app until it's fixed.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Morning, I haven't been able access TP for a couple of days cos it's been telling me that something needs sorting. I haven't done anything cos been busy, but this morning, here I am! It has warned me that things might be a bit slow. However, as things are working atm, need I do anything?

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi Spamar,

Thanks for your message. How are you accessing Talking Point? Are you using Android or iOS (Apple)?