App problems and blocked content

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi, my app has just updated all by itself! So I'm here trying to make sense of it all! Give me a couple of days and I might understand it all!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
There probably isn't a way..... and here is the but....

I wonder if there was/is a way to update what needed for our protection, "behind the scenes" leaving the "usual" way of accessing the TP app

I'm guessing not....

Tho it does feel like change for change sake at the moment. New and improved access, isn't necessarily new and improved.....

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
And another thing.....

I guess I had better change my name to moaning Minnie from 2jays today.....

Can't see clearly on timeline which threads I subscribe to. I used to look at my subscribed threads first, then go on and read other threads. Saved me time from button hopping between subscribed, unread etc...

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Doesn't the app show the threads you have subscribed to by green envelopes 2jays?

I'm using the new app. Everything has changed from the previous version. Not green spot that says who is logged on, no yellow blob/star to say subscribed - things I unconsciously was aware of

To my mind, now very complicated to find your way round, not as "user friendly" as the relatively previous AP was user friendly(ish) only my opinion

I noticed when a previous change to talking point, newer members seemed less inclusive of other sections of TP. I'm beginning to realise that if they had logged into one section, they may not have been easily aware of the other sections, as they need finding - if that makes sense....

On this new version, I had to "find" the timeline part. Which for me is an overview of all threads/sections. It wasn't "first on the list" and took time for me to realise I needed to "find" time line in a different way

Not sure if I was a newbie now, using the app, that I would have the mental energy to make as full use of TP as I have in the past

Could just be my age :D

Edited: what's happened to the big grin face? Not showing on mine

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm using the new app. Everything has changed from the previous version. Not green spot that says who is logged on, no yellow blob/star to say subscribed - things I unconsciously was aware of

To my mind, now very complicated to find your way round, not as "user friendly" as the relatively previous AP was user friendly(ish) only my opinion

I noticed when a previous change to talking point, newer members seemed less inclusive of other sections of TP. I'm beginning to realise that if they had logged into one section, they may not have been easily aware of the other sections, as they need finding - if that makes sense....

On this new version, I had to "find" the timeline part. Which for me is an overview of all threads/sections. It wasn't "first on the list" and took time for me to realise I needed to "find" time line in a different way

Not sure if I was a newbie now, using the app, that I would have the mental energy to make as full use of TP as I have in the past

Could just be my age :D

Edited: what's happened to the big grin face? Not showing on mine

Oh I see. Think I'll stick to using the main site via safari then! :D

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
App now available on iTunes store

Hi Apple/iPhone/iPad people,

You should now be able to download the updated app from the iTunes store. :)

Please do update your app as soon as you can as a number of security and performance improvements are included.

Thanks,

Serena

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi 2jays,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the updated app. This is from a third-party company called Tapatalk and they've requested that we update to the latest version, which includes a number of fixes.

We don't receive any release information from the company, so I make the screenshots and share what information I can with you all. If I had more information, I'd share it.

At the moment, we're looking at what members think of the app and how helpful it is and we'll take your feedback into consideration as we want to make sure we're offering the best service to you all.

If anyone else has feedback on the app, please leave it on this discussion thread or email talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

Thanks,

Serena

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Help. I'm having to write this on my phone as the updated version of the app on my iPad will not let me post or reply. Can't find a way in. Ideas anyone?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...the updated version of the app on my iPad will not let me post or reply."

Can you see the Members' area, ie are you logged on?

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi Bunpoots,

Hopefully the below images from the app will help? Tapping the three lines on the top left hand side of the app (also known as a hamburger menu) brings up the option to Login. :)

Some images from the new-look app ...

A new trending tab for discussions that are being viewed a lot

View attachment 53354

The timeline now shows a little more content

View attachment 53355

On the left hand menu you can see key options e.g. log in and change settings

View attachment 53356

New options include night reading mode, change font size, turning off image previews and content previews

View attachment 53357

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

Attachments

• and3.jpg
    and3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 282

Diannie

Jun 2, 2015
Hopeless
I have just logged on to the Talking Point app. Dreadful. I have all logs down one half of the screen while the other half is blank. Unable to read or follow. If it does not improve I will delete app permanently. Such a shame as I usually log on each day

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point