advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thats the last 2 cupboards done in the kitchen. i think i got bitten and my arm is red and swollen. the wedding ring has had to come off in case it swells too much. it was my great-grandmothers so dont want it cut off. my nan gave it me to wear when i was pregnant for the second time and not got married. she said it would stop people talking. she didnt want the shame. my back is hurting and my leg so im going to need a break from it over the weekend. i dont want to let people down but im running on nothing and so need to be aware of his moods. hes been fine although we have been in different rooms and hes been asleep. ive had the radio on loud. thanks for all your support

Lone Wolf

Sep 20, 2020
Dear @jennifer1967, if only all care home staff were like you, it really would be a person centered care system. I really hope that everything works out for you. Dementia & domestic abuse are two of the biggest challenges of our time, but those with the power to change things for the better seem to be wilfully ignorant.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967, if only all care home staff were like you, it really would be a person centered care system. I really hope that everything works out for you. Dementia & domestic abuse are two of the biggest challenges of our time, but those with the power to change things for the better seem to be wilfully ignorant.
thank you @Lone Wolf i was lucky to have a boss that believe in people. she said that if you didnt want the responsibility and give time to training to care for the resident, go and work in a supermarket. i was there 9 years before i had to leave after a partial knee replacement.
i havent done anything today as i did too much yesterday and have been ill a lot of the day. i did feel well yesterday but carried on. i got bitten as well so had to stop. he has been fine and understanding.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he wont be going out tomorrow or all week as he doesnt want to go until the big sheds up. respite gone. i was told by my son tonight when i text to see if he was picking him up. he didnt say a word to me and allowed me to think. hes not been telling me the truth. i have had a weekend off as ive been ill and have done nothing but sleep. am i such a tyrant he cant tell me?

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
he wont be going out tomorrow or all week as he doesnt want to go until the big sheds up. respite gone. i was told by my son tonight when i text to see if he was picking him up. he didnt say a word to me and allowed me to think. hes not been telling me the truth. i have had a weekend off as ive been ill and have done nothing but sleep. am i such a tyrant he cant tell me?
@jennifer1967 , I am sorry you have been ill . Hope a good night's sleep can help you feel better tomorrow morning.
When will the big shed be up? Looking forward to it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 , I am sorry you have been ill . Hope a good night's sleep can help you feel better tomorrow morning.
When will the big shed be up? Looking forward to it.
my IBS flared up over the weekend and my stomach has been really painful hence i laid down. big shed maybe this week or next so not too long. it was just the fact he went along with he was going and seeing if my son was picking him up. my son told me he wasnt going. just lies all week which got me. the council lady is coming tuesday about the bathroom adaptations and social worker on thursday to give him another assessment.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It probably never occurred to him that you needed to know, or he assumed that you already knew @jennifer1967 . Previously, I used get annoyed with OH when he didnt tell me things and tell him that telepathy was an unreliable method of communication, but I have learned from bitter experience that I am simply not in OHs mind any more. I no longer rely on him to tell me anything at all now.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
It probably never occurred to him that you needed to know, or he assumed that you already knew @jennifer1967 . Previously, I used get annoyed with OH when he didnt tell me things and tell him that telepathy was an unreliable method of communication, but I have learned from bitter experience that I am simply not in OHs mind any more. I no longer rely on him to tell me anything at all now.
thanks @canary i will remember that. it was only after i asked him that it all came out. its really hard as he seems"normal" but its only when you ask him something or get something, it becomes a long drawn out process to explain what i meant. my son could have said but didnt.

Lone Wolf

Sep 20, 2020
my IBS flared up over the weekend and my stomach has been really painful hence i laid down. big shed maybe this week or next so not too long. it was just the fact he went along with he was going and seeing if my son was picking him up. my son told me he wasnt going. just lies all week which got me. the council lady is coming tuesday about the bathroom adaptations and social worker on thursday to give him another assessment.
Would you consider trying kefir fermented milk drink available from supermarkets? After 30 years of trying all sorts, I discovered it recently and it has made the world of difference - a small glass most mornings.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Would you consider trying kefir fermented milk drink available from supermarkets? After 30 years of trying all sorts, I discovered it recently and it has made the world of difference - a small glass most mornings.
thanks @Lone Wolf, i must admit it doesnt sound very appetising. does it taste better than it sounds? theres a whole group of reasons why it happens and i try and avoid the ones i found trigger it. some days are worse than others.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
There's also kefir yoghurt, @jennifer1967 , not sure if that has sugar in it. Perhaps you could try inulin (not insulin!) which you can get from Holland & Barrett? I read that it is good for IBS. I tried it for my problems (mainly constipation) but I didn't try it long enough to see if it helped. I might give it a go again, I think I took the wrong dose when I did try it as it didn't specify how much - I bought the syrup but there is powder too.

I had a time when I had stomach spasms (due to stress) and Mebeverine helped a lot - do you take that? I got it on prescription.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Acidophilus capsules work well for me (for IBS-D). I've found Veganicity Megadophilus the best one but if you search on Amazon for "acidophilus" there are plenty to choose from. There's a brand called "Health Plus" which is cheaper which I might try, as it gets good reviews.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
There's also kefir yoghurt, @jennifer1967 , not sure if that has sugar in it. Perhaps you could try inulin (not insulin!) which you can get from Holland & Barrett? I read that it is good for IBS. I tried it for my problems (mainly constipation) but I didn't try it long enough to see if it helped. I might give it a go again, I think I took the wrong dose when I did try it as it didn't specify how much - I bought the syrup but there is powder too.

I had a time when I had stomach spasms (due to stress) and Mebeverine helped a lot - do you take that? I got it on prescription.
thanks @nita ive got mebeverine and take it morning and night.the slow release ones i had were better but dont stop it. it feels like its being wrung out like a dish cloth. i avoid food i cant have, fruit, green vegetables, nuts grains so basically the food i should eat being a diabetic but i cant. i think its metformin that i take for diabetes.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Acidophilus capsules work well for me (for IBS-D). I've found Veganicity Megadophilus the best one but if you search on Amazon for "acidophilus" there are plenty to choose from. There's a brand called "Health Plus" which is cheaper which I might try, as it gets good reviews.
thanks @lemonbalm i will look into them as i need it to stop now. its painful and eats in to the day

Lone Wolf

Sep 20, 2020
@jennifer1967 did you have IBS before taking Metformin? I ask because for some Metformin can cause similar symptoms and if so, other medications can be prescribed instead of Metformin.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 did you have IBS before taking Metformin? I ask because for some Metformin can cause similar symptoms and if so, other medications can be prescribed instead of Metformin.
yes but not half as bad as now. i have 2 not 3 as i couldnt take full amount. i must admit if i stop metformin, it gets better than complications of diabetes rear their head and have to take them again.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
This is some information about inulin which stimulates a gut microbial bacterium:-

See the section Inulin and Gut microbiota

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
This is some information about inulin which stimulates a gut microbial bacterium:-

See the section Inulin and Gut microbiota

i have it the other way. i wish i was constipated but im not. it also gets quite urgent sometime. thanks @nita i appreciate any information

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
thanks @nita ive got mebeverine and take it morning and night.the slow release ones i had were better but dont stop it. it feels like its being wrung out like a dish cloth. i avoid food i cant have, fruit, green vegetables, nuts grains so basically the food i should eat being a diabetic but i cant. i think its metformin that i take for diabetes.
Dear @jennifer1967,

Just be aware that metformin can make you anaemic. Dad was slightly anaemic because of this and he was told (or rather I was told) that he needed more red meat.

MaNaAk