A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Sylvia, of course it depends on the cause of the itching ( and I'm sure you're right to see your GP ) but I have found the following very helpful for itchy skin:

http://www.dermacool.co.uk

Hope you have a more restful night, and a good day tomorrow :)

Lindy xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh Sylvia, if it isn’t one thing… I am sorry, and the burning does sound bad.

Statins can cause a variety of side effects. There is a non-statin prescription medicine but I have forgotten the name.

Has the bladder problem improved?

I do hope you have a better night and it does not spoil your day out tomorrow.

Love
Loo xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Itching is awful in terms of disturbing your life. I have psoriasis and it's only the last few years that it has been effectively kept under control with medication: before this current set of meds I would scratch scratch scratch all night long, both when I was awake and while I was asleep. And I wasn't asleep much. :(

And still having the UTI - truly miserable. I do hope you can get everything sorted.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve been up since 1am and the itching is awful. I`ve sprayed my legs but it hasn`t worked, so plastered more Eurax on and of course had to get up to allow it to dry.

So here I am on TP with nothing better to do, just hoping I`ll be able to able to get to my destination tomorrow or might be better calling it off and seeing the GP instead.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Do you have any oatmeal? Because oats are tremendously soothing if you either soak a bag of them in warm water or even apply them as a paste.

Sylvia - I don't want to worry you but while it might well be the statins, itching can be indicative of a bad reaction to antibiotics, and if it's that, then you should be seen by a doctor.

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
Do you have any oatmeal? Because oats are tremendously soothing if you either soak a bag of them in warm water or even apply them as a paste.

Sylvia - I don't want to worry you but while it might well be the statins, itching can be indicative of a bad reaction to antibiotics, and if it's that, then you should be seen by a doctor.

I agree with oatmeal. It seems to calm itchies. I used to mix them on cold water ( not so cold 20C)

I agree with a doctor too.

Take care

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This happened to me when I had Cellulitis and on ABs for it. I bought the 1%Hydracortisone cream from the chemist.
Like your's, it was from the knee to ankle and not connected to the cellulitis.
I've not heard of this being a side effect of Statins before.
I hope the GP can prescribe something to ease it.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The GP doesn`t think it`s a side effect of the statins either Saffie but has advised I stay off them until the problem is solved.

I have two lots of anti histamines, one for day time, supposed to be non drowsy but I`ve had it before and it`s drowsy for me, and the other is for night time to help me sleep. So it looks as if I`ll be useless day and night but if it stops the itching I can accept that.

I also have been prescribed and emollient.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Itching's so awful isn't it, and it's so hard not to make it worse by scratching. I hope the doctor's remedies help, Sylvia, and that advice about oatmeal might work too!

The funny thing is, I know several people who have been bothered by unaccustomed itching this spring. Mine started the day after taking down the Christmas tree, and I thought it was a slight allergy to he tree, but now, weeks later, it's still been bothering me, and now my husband is scratching too. I had steroidal cream and emollient from the GP, but the rash came back when it ran out. Then the other day I realised I had noticed the itching after using a new shower gel that was for sale at a discount, so for four days I've stopped all creamsand only used plain water for arms and legs. And it's MUCH better!
I also stopped wearing a cashmere jumper and instead am wearing cotton.

( when I rang for a doctors appointment I was told I 'd have to wait two weeks for the same doctor. Still waiting, but it's starting to improve now!)

Hope you're more comfortable soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andy1014