A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Utis can take it out of you Sylvia, if you haven't already I'd get a sample to the Drs and get it checked out. Keeping in the warm in frontof the fire sounds a ssensible thing, I feel quite chilly today, its very overcast. Hope you feel better soon.:)xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I am so sorry to read about your possible UTI, Sylvia, and how washed out you feel today. I’m also feeling very cold despite the beautiful day although don't know how warm outside. I’m wearing a thick jumper and now two cardigans. :rolleyes: Hope you get an appointment with the doctor on Tuesday. Keep warm.

Helen also sorry to read about you feeling so unwell. What rotten luck, and after being so well in India. Sensible to have complete rest, and you do need to be well again for Malta with Martin later this month.

It was really good of you to write on my thread this morning when feeling so rough, thank you.

How nice that Martin is “happily” decorating your computer room! Henry decorated, we both did, but I’m not so sure about him doing so happily! I did enjoy doing it.

Take good care of yourselves and hopefully you both soon begin to feel a lot better.

My thoughts and love
Loo xxx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Thankyou for sharing the pictures of Dhiren's last journey, Sylvia. How wonderful that you were able to do that for him.

Sorry to hear of your ills, both Sylvia and Helen. Coming back to these chilly old Islands will have been a shock to your systems. As the weather warms up I hope your balance will be restored.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks everyone.

I had a much better night but am still not sure whether or not it`s cleared. I can`t see anyone today so will see what tomorrow brings.

WE had two very long journeys, 10.5 hours by car from Rishikesh to Delhi and then a long flight. Neither of us are spring chickens , although I draw the line at `old biddy` :rolleyes: I suppose the travelling might have taken it`s toll.

It was worth it. :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you for your concern. I had a very restless night but woke this morning feeling much better. I could see it was going to be a lovely day so donned cut offs and skimpy top in order to catch some rays. I decided to mow the lawns. It was beautifully warm. I then made a light lunch followed by an afternoon in my sun chair reading my book in the sunshine.

Love

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Good to read that you each feel much better today, Sylvia and Helen. I hope it continues.

Yes Sylvia, you did have two long journeys, then the hassle in Delhi re horrid hotel plus the stress and tension getting home in the UK. It could well have taken it’s toll.

Relaxing to enjoy an afternoon in the sun, Helen. Yesterday was beautiful here, well from the window as not out, then this morning grey and misty. Sunshine mid-day but a chilly strong wind followed. I am cold! :(

Sylvia! :eek: Old biddy?! :rolleyes: Not at all!

Love
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m still struggling with a UTI or whatever else it may be. I had a call from the GP on Friday to provide another sample.

Its left me a bit vulnerable. I`ve just replied to jan.s , telling her her tears are healthy tears and am in tears myself, listening to the radio to Neil Diamond singing `I am I said`.

It took me back to Dhiren`s first and only respite. It was traumatic in itself just leaving him and when I got home I watched Neil Diamond singing this song and was in floods. Now it will always have a special meaning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wYpVy9W29M

"I am"... I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair

"I am"... I cried "I am"... said I
And I am lost and I can't
Even say why
Leavin' me lonely still

Poor Dhiren. It`s just how he was when he was left for the first time.

It`s not always easy , living in the now.

However, just to reassure those taking their first steps into respite, I had no idea how contented he would become .

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Sorry you are still feeling poorly with the UTI Sylvia, I know how miserable it makes you feel,

Those words are very poignant, they must be more for you with the memories of your Dhiren,

Thinking of you and sending love,

Jeany x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Sylvia, I know that song so well, inside and out as Neil Diamond has been a top favourite of mine for very many years.
I can see how the words of that that song would have affected you before and again now.
I find that so many songs affect me. I usually only listen to music in the car and now every time I turn on the car radio I have to turn it off again as it reminds me immediately of the journeys to and from Dave's nursing home and how the music used to affect me then. The result is that I rarely have the radio on.

As you said to Jan, I hope they are healing tears.
I hope the UTI goes soon. love xxx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I often listen to Neil Diamond now as dad used to like him years ago. I've now listened with a new perspective. Those words are very poignant for those making sense of dementia.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Sorry you are still struggling Sylvia and I do hope you don’t wait too long to know what the problem is and hopefully have it resolved.

Neil Diamond has been a great favourite of ours for many years. I think I know many of his songs off by heart, and certainly that one; ‘I am… I said’. Always deeply moving. But now oh so very poignant. It says it all doesn’t it.

Soon after Henry went into the care home I had taken him to his room and put the CD player on, and played Neil Diamond’s ‘Hot August Night’. What a mistake…. Henry was suffering so much anguish about why he could not come home. When that song came on I had to turn it off, we both ended up in tears.

Another time the same mistake when I played Jim Reeves, Henry used to sing some of his songs to me.

I remember you telling me that Henry could become settled in the care home as Dhiren had and I could not believe that was possible, his anguish and despair lasting many months.

But it did eventually happen, it took a long time though. We went on to enjoy some precious times together. I have often remembered your words to me.

But now like Saffie I don’t listen to as much music as I did as find it too emotive. Those times when we are suddenly vulnerable have a way of catching us out unexpectedly.

But I am going to click on your link -and try to remember the good times.

Hoping you are not in too much discomfort, or at least you get some times when it eases off. Thinking of you.

Love
Loo xxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I've just watched the video of Neil Diamond singing "I am, I said". I don't think I have ever heard the words properly before. It is very moving and I love the way he looks whilst singing it. It's as if he can feel every single thing that he's singing. No wonder you were in floods of tears.
I hope you have a comfortable night so that you can make the journey tomorrow easily.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks everyone.

I`m now being plagued by the most dreadful itching from knees to feet which I believe is a side effect of the statins I started taking when I returned from India.

I was kept awake all last night but the itching eased when I plastered Eurex all over my legs. I had a warm bath tonight and it started again with a vengeance. It was so bad it felt as if it was burning.

So the Eurax is on again and I`ve taken an antihistamine and paracetamol. What a nuisance!

I`ve to be out all day tomorrow but have stopped the statins and will try to see the GP on Thursday.

I must be going rotten. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976