Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

A new stage in my life...................

Discussion in 'After dementia — dealing with loss' started by Grannie G, Jan 24, 2014.

1. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Thank you Sylvia such a special time

2. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    So special to see these pictures and to think what a wonderful way to complete Dhiren's story. Absolutely remarkable that you achieved this for him, Sylvia. How content and glad he would be.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I feel grateful I was able to do this Deborah. I never in my wildest dreams imagined it could happen.

4. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    A special moment for you Sylvia. x

5. sue38

sue38 Registered User

Mar 6, 2007
    Wigan, Lancs
    A special moment Sylvia, and definitely one to preserve in a way to pass on to your grandchildren.

I imagine the monkey's grandchildren loved the story too - "There I was, minding my own business, having a quiet drink, when all of a sudden this crazy English woman started screaming the place down. I dropped my fanta and legged it out of there!" ;)

6. flowerpot

flowerpot Registered User

Sylvia the photos are lovely and thank you for sharing this very special, emotional moment.

7. WIFE

WIFE Registered User

May 23, 2014
    WEST SUSSEX
    The photos say it all, Sylvia - a special scattering for a special life. My husband loved the English canals - don't think sending him off down the Grand Union through Birmingham would quite match up to your poignant and loving floating of Dhiren's ashes.

8. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    The photos are lovely Sylvia, a precious moment and memory. Thank you for sharing it and so pleased that you were able to do it. Even the size of our dreams doesn't limit what can be or is meant to be:)xx

9. chris53

chris53 Registered User

Nov 9, 2009
    London
    Such special pictures Sylvia, a heartfelt thank you for sharing them:)
    X

10. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    Sylvia, I have so enjoyed your posts over the last few years. I feel lucky that I have known you ( and Dhiren) even just as virtual friends. I feel so honoured and privileged to have shared this last journey of Dhiren's, back to his spiritual home. And, if it's not too presumptuous, I feel so proud of you...that you have managed to make this wonderful pilgrimage. Thank you for letting me share this with you.x.x.

11. Grannie G

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    You are all very kind.

I don`t believe I`ve made any effort to achieve this, as a character analysis suggested I`m a talker rather than a doer. Everything seemed to fall into place, all it took was one suggestion from Helen after we had watched a film about the Ganges. Before then nothing was furthest from my mind.

I`m not usually a `seize the day` person but this time I did and it all worked out .

12. creativesarah

I am so glad you have done it

13. geum123

geum123 Registered User

May 20, 2009
    I feel some things, are just meant to be.:)
    Everything, is for a purpose.

Thank you so much for sharing Dhirens final journey Sylvia.
    His smile lives on in my memory, and in your heart. xxxx

14. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    I feel very privileged to have been there.

I am now struggling. I have had diarrhoea for a few days now. I then got a sore throat. This morning I have lost my voice and feel full of cold. Thank goodness I didn't have any of this whilst in India. I have cancelled a walk and dinner with my brother so that I can have complete rest.

Martin is happily decorating our computer room. Sylvia bought me a beautiful wall hanging whilst in India. The computer room is the perfect place for it - hence the decorating.

I'm sure Martin missed me being away for so long. He has just booked us to go to Malta on the 20th April so I need to feel better by then.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter.

Love

15. Grannie G

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Air conditioning has a lot to answer to Helen. I`ve often ended up with coughs colds and sore throats after plane or train journeys. This time I seem to have escaped anything but am sorry you got it instead.

It`s such a shame when you were so well in India, although as you say, it`s a good job you weren`t ill there , in your `luxurious ` bedroom with just the monkeys for company.

Get well soon. xx

16. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Happy Easter to you too Helen and all on TP.

Sorry you are poorly but resting up to recover is the best thing, to get stronger with Malta in sight:)

Your wall hanging sounds interesting and lovely to have a freshly decorated room to hang it in.

Wishing you better:)xx

17. creativesarah

Hope you feel better soon

18. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Sorry you're unwell Helen. Wishing you speedy recovery.

19. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Get well soon then Helen so that you are fit for Malta. I too have often had a heavy cold/bug after a air flight. Whilst its a pity you have this now, thank goodness you did not suffer in India.

Take care. x

20. Grannie G

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I think we're both the worse for wear. I feel I still have a UTI , was up every couple of hours last night and feel washed out today.

It's been a beautiful day with a clear blue sky. My grandchildren called round and were surprised I had the fire on. I was cold. I have a winter jumper on too and socks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.