A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Sorry the photos are on sideways. I've no idea how to rotate them"

All part of the free service.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 484

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
How lovely to see Helen on a visit to you, Sylvia - and such a contrast between the two days weather!

The paella looked good! I'm sure Harry was in The Tempest and enjoyed by all.

Love to you both
Loo xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Harry was very good thank you Loo. We were impressed. :)

Today saw another change in the weather. We woke to fog which hung around all day.

Helen invited me out for lunch. We were able to have a pleasant walk down to the sea front and our restaurant but the fog was so thick we couldn't see the sea and could only see the waves breaking on to the beach by leaning over the railings.

We enjoyed a delicious and very leisurely lunch before returning home. This afternoon and early evening was spent reminiscing about childhood escapades. We ended up in fits of laughter over the silliest stories and then I thought of dear Jeany and her family sitting with Allen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 412
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 538

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Lovely pictures of both you & Helen Sylvia, good to see you've both got good appetites, both meals look lovely:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sunday fog, Monday almost continental sunshine . We walked to Ramsgate to visit a friend of mine. Another lovely day, saddened by Allen's passing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 412

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Sunday fog, Monday almost continental sunshine . We walked to Ramsgate to visit a friend of mine. Another lovely day, saddened by Allen's passing.

Love Ramsgate :) such a great photo :) indeed very sad and I am sure Jeanie is in all our thoughts xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks chick. Helen would have moved to Ramsgate if her illness hadn't been diagnosed. She loves it too.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Those are lovely photos, Sylvia. I particularly enjoyed the one showing you digging into your lunch with relish. What was your pudding? Because I know you had one.

Give my regards to Helen.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Those are lovely photos, Sylvia. I particularly enjoyed the one showing you digging into your lunch with relish. What was your pudding? Because I know you had one.

Give my regards to Helen.

No pudding Joanne, scouts honour. We were too full and the puddings weren`t too tempting. :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I've popped in to say "hello". I had to smile when Sylvia said I'd come for a short visit. After a month in India, all visits seem short LOL. I am here for 8 days. Eight days of feeling very indulged. I feel very at home here as Sylvia does when she comes to me. It's not often that people can be so relaxed with one another and we both know it's a blessing.

The loss of Jeany's Allen is very much in our awareness. We both remember this time in both our lives and know that the process of loss and grief can't be bypassed. It is comforting to know that TP love and support is surrounding her.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
After years of caring and loss it`s terribly difficult to get some form of life back. However distasteful it may seem to us, the alternative is becoming reclusive.

I`ve always said I`d rather be alone than among people I had no connection with. I`m sure everyone will agree, the older we get the harder it is to make proper friends, not just acquaintances.

During the 22 months since Dhiren died I`ve had eye surgery, been to India, scattered Dhiren`s ashes, returned to politics , tried several groups with U3A, attended a singing group, returned to Tai Chi, attended a Buddhist Group, started my own meditation group and tried to have something `to do` most days in the week.

My aim is to return to yoga but for now I`m too heavy and feel too clumsy.

I have discontinued U3A. It doesn`t suit me. I think in this area, for me, it is quite limited.

It would be so much easier to sit at home and read. When I do sit at home, not only do I read but I also eat. :eek: :rolleyes:

Yesterday I went to a Hard of Hearing Group. Most members were so much older than I am and however ageist, I didn`t feel ready yet to be part of that group. However, the welcome was amazing .

It seems organised to a degree but in need of help. I think it`s very important this type of group is encouraged to thrive and doesn`t fall by the wayside . It was the first time ever I felt I was among a group of people who had similar hearing losses to mine

Before going home I spoke to one of the `committee`. She said all the organisers were becoming too old to give the time and energy the group needs and so I offered my services. In the new year I hope to be able to do just that.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Well done Sylvia. That is excellent news. I'm sure your contribution will be invaluable.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
That is good news Sylvia. And even if they are all a good bit older - well, I used to tell William that however old I was, I'd always feel young next to him! :-D. He was 30 years my senior. And besides, groups like that can really benefit from someone younger being involved - it can energise everyone.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
That sounds so good Sylvia, you are obviously interested to have offered your services, enjoyed the people and I am sure you will be a real asset to the group. They will be so appreciative and you, hopefully, will get a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction from it. Plus all of you share similar hearing losses and such a group is probably thin on the ground.

Oh and by the way, you do sound to have achieved a lot! But I know what you mean about becoming reclusive. I have had that forced upon me by my body letting me down and would not choose it. I do like my own company, when I want it, and enjoy company of people but not just for the sake of 'company'. However reclusiveness I do not like!

A good way for you to start the New year, a new interest and involvement. Every good wish to you, looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Love
Loo xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.