A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve just been looking at the programme and there is Standing Pilates. It sounds good to me.

There is also Line dancing. :)

Pilates lying down affects my hearing and I have problems getting up. :eek:

It will all depend on the day and the venue.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I enjoy a quiz too Saffie, but most need you to be part of a team which stops me in my tracks. These quizzes are not for people on their own unless they have someone to help make up the team.
In the church quiz we just buy the tickets and make up a team on the night. Some come as complete teams but I'm just one of the odds and end team!
I enjoyed it last night.

I used to go line dancing 3 nights a week but couldn't manage it now.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks for asking Lady A . :)

It was a brilliant day and I found out too late I`m afraid, Silver Sunday is a new national event in the UK. It is Lottery and Charity funded.

Apparently 400 programmes were printed and they ran out.

There were too many opportunities to sample all and many overlapped, but I did manage Standing Pilates which was wonderful. Unfortunately the regular classes begin with Standing Pilates and then progress to the floor.

I also joined a social singing group called Blend. I have always shied away from singing in public because of my foghorn of a voice but was persuaded no one would run for the hills and thoroughly enjoyed it. We sang songs from Dusty Springfield , Neil Diamond, Elvis and the Beatles, among others and it was fun.
There is a regular class on Thursday mornings which I`m thinking of joining as long as I can get to Tai Chi by 1pm.

There were tasters for Tai Chi, Reflexology, Floristry, Crochet, Art, Ukulele, different dance genres and lots more.

A lovely Lunch was provided and we were lucky the weather was so fine, many ate outdoors in the really lovely venue.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
It all sounds wonderful, what a great programme, wish we had something like that in my neck of the woods. Or had had when I could go out. The singing group sounds wonderful, all the old favourites! Hope it fits in with your Tai Chi class. A pity about the standing Pilates classes progressing to the floor.

Nice to have a lovely lunch afterwards, and that the weather was good enough to eat outside. After a lovely week today here was dull, bit chilly, and poor weather forecast.

Are you still doing the FutureLearn Mindfulness course? Or do you prefer the group you attend weekly?

Loo xx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thanks for asking Lady A . :)

It was a brilliant day and I found out too late I`m afraid, Silver Sunday is a new national event in the UK. It is Lottery and Charity funded.

Apparently 400 programmes were printed and they ran out.

There were too many opportunities to sample all and many overlapped, but I did manage Standing Pilates which was wonderful. Unfortunately the regular classes begin with Standing Pilates and then progress to the floor.

I also joined a social singing group called Blend. I have always shied away from singing in public because of my foghorn of a voice but was persuaded no one would run for the hills and thoroughly enjoyed it. We sang songs from Dusty Springfield , Neil Diamond, Elvis and the Beatles, among others and it was fun.
There is a regular class on Thursday mornings which I`m thinking of joining as long as I can get to Tai Chi by 1pm.

There were tasters for Tai Chi, Reflexology, Floristry, Crochet, Art, Ukulele, different dance genres and lots more.

A lovely Lunch was provided and we were lucky the weather was so fine, many ate outdoors in the really lovely venue.

Wow, that all sounds great!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks all.

I`m bringing an amazing 90 year old to me today for lunch. Her husband was a Japanese prisoner of war and helped build the Bridge on the River Kwai. She has the most wonderful stories to tell but most of all she reminds me of my grandmother.

I`m picking her up to bring her here because she bought the wrong heated hairbrush and she has asked for help to exchange it.

I kid you not. :)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I`m picking her up to bring her here because she bought the wrong heated hairbrush and she has asked for help to exchange it.
Well, this lady's well ahead of me in the game!
Just what is a heated hairbrush?
Is it a dryer?

Have a lovely lunch Sylvia. I'm sure it will be an interesting one. x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I keep meaning to get one! They are a fantastic styling aid, not as fiddly to use as curling tongs, and not as much work as heated rollers! They just give you a nice style boost- volume and tweak your style into place. Used on dry hair, between shampoos.

Status
Not open for further replies.