A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We had a lovely day thanks.

This lady L recently had surgery for a prolapsed bladder and bowel. She also has pancreatic cancer. This was her first day out on public transport.

When I went to pick her up she told me she was awake till 4.30am because she was so excited about the day ahead.

Everything I did was appreciated; the lunch , a vegetarian shepherds pie , the pud, strawberries and cheesecake. L lives in an apartment so she loved the garden and the outlook.

Paul came to meet her, one of the perks of working from home, and she told him all about her wartime escapades.

I took her home and even the rain didn`t dampen our spirits. :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex

This lady L recently had surgery for a prolapsed bladder and bowel. She also has pancreatic cancer. This was her first day out on public transport.

When I went to pick her up she told me she was awake till 4.30am because she was so excited about the day ahead.

Everything I did was appreciated; the lunch , a vegetarian shepherds pie , the pud, strawberries and cheesecake. L lives in an apartment so she loved the garden and the outlook.

Paul came to meet her, one of the perks of working from home, and she told him all about her wartime escapades.

Sounds like a great day for both of you. :)

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside

I'm so glad you both had a good day.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Lovely that you both enjoyed your day and lunch together, she sounds a very special lady. A very interesting one also. One of my ancestors was a Japanese POW who worked on the railway, only in his twenties, died either the day before liberation or just after. Such brave men who suffered horrendously. Paul would also enjoy her stories. Hope you plan to get together again, it sounded a mutual treat. :):)

Loo xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
That sounds like a really lovely time was had by all.
How sweet that the lady was so excited she couldn't sleep.
That was a lovely thing you did Sylvia. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am really pleased it went so well and that L has thoroughly enjoyed herself. The meal sounds great and I bet you are thrilled that she appreciated it. I hope she sleeps well tonight.

Well done Sylvia :):)

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Glad that you both had such a lovely day; that lady sounds a treasure and so interesting. She also sounds as though she is a fighter after surviving all those illnesses. You both deserved a special day-I'm so pleased for you both.

Love

Lyn T XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Loo I see this lady regularly. Whenever I go to Ramsgate I pop in to see her. The event was her first day out on public transport since her surgery and her first visit to me.

I was introduced to her by a mutual friend and we just clicked . :)

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Delightful. Two interesting women making a connection.
Splendid. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Helen came yesterday for a short visit.

We decided to brave the elements this morning, even though it was quite windy. The sea was rough and exciting . We walked along the lower promenade listening to the waves of the incoming tide crash against the sea walls.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 423
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 423

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
How lovely Sylvia. It looks bracing but beautiful. It's great see Helen again too. J x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a difference a day makes, lovely sunshine on our walk to Margate.

From Margate we went to Paul's for a paella lunch .

Tonight we are going to see my grandson Harry in his role in The Tempest.

Sorry the photos are on sideways. I've no idea how to rotate them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 565
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 579
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 563
Status