A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Evening Sylvia

Hopefully Dhiren will stay tucked up in bed, safe and warm, and when he comes round tomorrow he will be more recovered. My heart goes out to Alan when he's like that and all tucked up and warm and safe.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Helen

I`m going to be tucked up with him now. After a couple of bad nights I`ve taken something to help me sleep.
So Goodnight Helen and Goodnight TP. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Tilly and Lesley.

We did have a good night but not a particularly good awakening.

It began quite early, the usual questions about his pension and his money, but I realized, for the first time ever, the rationale behind the questions.

Dhiren thinks he needs to know how to get his money and where to get his money in case he is left alone. There are times when he has no idea we are a permanent couple, he thinks either he will go on his way or I will go on mine, and this is the root of his insecurity.

He was so dejected this morning it reduced me to tears. I had an appointment. He didn`t want to be left alone, I didn`t want to leave him alone, so instead of walking, I booked a taxi and he came with me.

The headline in the Express this morning was about the benefits of oily fish. He is back on the sardines again and has counted the tins in the cupboard to make sure we have enough.

He can barely find the cups to make tea, but he found the tins of sardines.
Necessity has no law.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sylvia, that is sad. Poor Dhiren, it must be awful to be so scared.

And poor you, that you can't set his mind at rest.

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sylvia...

This is happening to us too..

Eric does not want me out of his sight...my explanations about having to do things other than sit and watch TV fall on deaf ears..

I feel I have to account for/justify every movement I make. and once done..it's forgotten..so I have to do it again..and again.
I'm fortunate because I do feel happy leaving Eric with the sitters we currently have..even though he's not understanding why they come in. They know him and are capable.

I'm hoping the sardines don't find their way into the shoe boxes....:eek:

Love gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I managed to cheer him up this evening with a bag of Revels.

Food again, used as a comforter. He`s diabetic I know, but I`ll take my chances, as the smile on his face as he tucked in was worth it.

And please don`t ask what I was doing with a bag of revels in the first place. :eek:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
And please don`t ask what I was doing with a bag of revels in the first place. :eek:

Sylvia, what were you doing with a bag of Revels?:D:D:D

Anyway, well done! I agree, if it cheers Dhiren up, then go for it, I say (unless it makes him really ill, and you know him too well for that)

Love,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
don`t ask what I was doing with a bag of revels in the first place.

Well my excuse for YOU is that they were a Mothering Sunday gift and you generously offered them to Dhiren because they would benefit him more than you (diet) :rolleyes::rolleyes:eyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Love Jan

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
And like me, you keep them in just in case anyone call's round;)

As you know, I do not eat chocolate:eek:

Leave me alone:D

Barb X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
9 a.m. this morning I had a phone call from a student SW on the assessment team who has been assigned to me for an assessment for Direct Payments.

He asked if it was convenient for me to speak to him on the phone. It was, and I was able to discuss openly the problems I have. It was obvious from his questions he had done his homework on Dhiren.

He will visit tomorrow afternoon.

I am expecting Terry in the morning so it should be a good day.

The student SW has given me his email address in case I need to contact him and it isn`t convenient to speak to him on the phone.

So far, so good. :)

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
That's good news, Sylvia.

It's brilliant the way these people are taking their time to get to know your circumstances...I do hope they can sort something out for you..:)

Now about those Revels....;):D

Love gigi xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sylvia:

Good news. It strikes me that the people assigned to you have had good training - small things like offering to email for convenience.

Good luck for tomorrow. (No revels, except for Dhiren;)).

Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Revels are banned from now on.
They don`t do Dhiren any favours and they certainly do nothing for me [except satisfy my sugar/chocolate cravings] .
I`m really looking forwards to this assessment tomorrow and do hope something will come of it.
I stressed to the SW Student the need to get Dhiren to accept people coming into the house, so eventually I will be able to leave him with them and have a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5