A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Sylvia

Oh dear Sylvia it sounds a bit more challenging:( Dhiren seems to be very unsettled. I wondered where you were with the medication these days?

I hope Dhiren calms down otherwise it will be a very long day:(

Love

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
D `You`re talking rubbish. `
S `OK. You believe what you want.`
D `I`ll have to go. I`ll get a train to Manchester.`

Oh heck, Sylvia. I'm sorry to hear this again. I hope you have some distraction techniques up your sleeve! Is it a fine sunny day down there? Would some judicious outing be possible? Could you ask Dhiren not to go today because you would like him to take some photos for you?

Thinking of you both and keeping fingers crossed.
Love Deborah xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good morning Helen

Dhiren is now examining his bank books to see if he has enough money to go home and keep himself while he`s there.

He is on the lowest dose medication, 25mg. morning and night, but I`m prepared to put up with this behaviour as long as he is not aggressive or resentful and he knows who I am. I would rather he were like this than zonked out.

I suppose I could increase the evening dose but will only do so if it becomes really necessary.

And now I have hope that before long I`ll be having someone in .

Paul taped the bolt last night with strong whit adhesive tape and so far, Dhiren hasn`t noticed.

I hope you have a good day with Alan. It`s a beautiful day. Is gardening on your agenda? :)

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sylvia...

Just caught up with your thread....

Wonderful news about the Direct Payments....at long last you're going to have some help and support...:D

But back to the rollercoaster with Dhiren....it seems ages since he mentioned Manchester.

It seems to me "they" go round in circles...Eric was up very early again thismorning..5.15..:rolleyes: The usual morning confusion was replaced by anger today...there's nothing wrong with him him..he hasn't got AD...no reason at all why he shouldn't be driving...he can play golf because he can remember the names of the people he used to play golf with..and so on.

The strange thing is that this is how he used to be just after diagnosis..every day the same conversation...and the anger. Gradually it receded..now it's back again...word for word. Same thoughts..same phrases...:confused:

Hope you manage to distract Dhiren...I'm sure you will..and have a good day in the sunshine..:)

love gigi xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Sylvia

I have just got back in and have been wondering how you both are?
It will be really interesting to see how Dhiren is when you have someone coming in because it is impossible to know in advance. Alan is very different when the sitters are here. They have only seen him becoming agitated about twice and that was because he wanted to get down to me when I was working!

Today Alan and I went to a musical instrument shop to get a new string for his guitar and the man tuned it for him. We then went to the riding stables and got 5 bags of very well rotted manure for my vegetables. Alan is playing the guitar now and I am just about to get a video link to him on Sticky Pics.

Hope you are both ok

Love

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Syliva

Gosh it is a long time since Dhiren mentioned the 'M' word. :(

S `But she is not here. She is in India.`
D `She can`t be in India. She can`t afford to go to India.`
S `She was born in India.`
D `You`re talking rubbish. `

I wonder, and I do hope this doesn't offend, whether Dhiren is confusing you and his mother, as you have perhaps assumed a more motherly role. I know he doesn't always know you as Sylvia and wonder whether he thinks the 'real' Sylvia is still in Manchester. :confused:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you ..............................

It hasn`t been a good day.

Because Dhiren got up so early, and wore himself out fretting about his mother, then his shoes and then his money he has been tired all day.

He has been so confused, a bit resentful [accusing me of taking over his life, giving him no say ] and changeable.

After dinner he said `I`ll go to my room now.` He indicated going to Paul`s but was easily reassured his `rooms` were here.

He went to bed at 9pm.

If he has another bad day tomorrow I will try an increased dose of his medication.

Sue I doubt very much he thinks I`m his mother. He did think I was my mother once, as I`m beginning to look like her, but never his mother. When he doesn`t know me he thinks I`m either another Sylvia or `that woman`. OK once I was `the girl next door`.:)

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
It is so very tiring and tedious, day after day. We hope that a good spell will last, but it doesn't and then we are so down and so sad. I feel for you Sylvia and send my love and admiration for the wonderful way you cope.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sylvia, sorry you've had a bad day. It seems to be different every day, just now, as Dhiren adjusts to his new medication.

I hope you manage to have a good night.

Love,

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia
Today Tom said his memory was much better..following his medication
He remembers me telling him about the money I had in the bank (the non existent £5 grand) I told him that this was the reason for his medication, as it was incorrect, not sure he accepted but I tried.
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Jan

Our lunch was lovely thank you. I posted about it on my Happy Birthday Thread. I should have posted on the Slimming Club Thread but it was too naughty [but very nice].

Dhiren was fine. He still seems able to `pull out the stops ` for special occasions. Mind you he was in bed for 8.15pm. He slept well but woke in the night worrying because his hired car had been stolen.

We are going out with the family for a Mother`s Day/Wedding Anniversary meal on Sunday. I hope he will be all right then.

Thank you millymollymandy :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We went to have our feet done.
We came home, I opened the gate.
Dhiren said, `I think I`ve been here a couple of times.`

I have ordered him some new shoes. He is so pleased.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Maggie

Dhiren cannot stand it when his toe nails are too long. He can only get a NHS appointment once every three months, so I trim them in between.
But I`m nervous about cutting them too short and he is never satisfied so he always looks forwards to going.
So far. ;)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Dhiren cannot stand it when his toe nails are too long.

Same as my mother, but she won't let me cut them in between the 3 mouths appointment.
Then at day centre a woman comes along that cut toe nails she lets the woman do it, which was very surprised. But very pleased it only cost £10 well worth it , until appointment at are local PCT clinic .

getting mum to PCT clinic is very hard, sitting on chair what look like a dentist chair s very hard for her .

But I`m nervous about cutting them too short

That what I am like with mum finger nails.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Dhiren cannot stand it when his toe nails are too long.

Same as my mother, but she won't let me cut them in between the 3 mouths appointment.
Then at day centre a woman comes along that cut toe nails she lets the woman do it, which I was very surprised, to know she let the woman do it . But very pleased it only cost £10 well worth it , until appointment at are local PCT clinic .

getting mum to PCT clinic is very hard, sitting on chair what look like a dentist chair s very hard for her .

But I`m nervous about cutting them too short

That what I am like with mum finger nails they grow so fast .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suzannep