A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splat88

Jul 13, 2005
Essex
What's a Revel? Sounds like I would like them.

Ah, one thing they don't have across the pond? Or is it another of those name changes, I seem to remember them as something else before they were Revels? Or is that just Marathon/Snickers?

They are small chocs with different flavours that you aren't supposed to be able to tell from the outside, not as exciting as the name suggest eh?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
You know that link said that Revels (maybe by another name) were available in the USA but I've never seen them. My passion is Raisinettes though (if I can't get real Cadbury's Fruit and Nut).

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The visitors

Terry our CPN was our first visitor today. :)
He brought 2 packs of Revels. :D
Something certainly above the call of public duty. :cool:
Poor Dhiren didn`t get it. :(

The student SW called this afternoon.

He conducted two thorough assessments, one for me and one for Dhiren.
Our official needs are for me to have help in the house. If the helper can find any route towards interaction with Dhiren, the help in the house will be abandoned.
This is a means to an end , will be flexible and take as long as it needs to enable Dhiren to accept care from someone other than me.
The care plan has to be approved and we will have to wait for a financial assessment.

Among the literature the student left with me is an application form for a Kent Carers` Emergency Card.
Carers will be issued with a credit card sized card that has a unique reference number and emergency phone number on it. If the carer is away from the one they care for and has an accident or sudden illness, a call to the 24 hour contact centre will enable staff to access a pre arranged emergency plan and put it into action. This is free and available 24/7.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
That sounds excellent. They really do seem to have their act together.

How did Dhiren cope with both Terry and the student?

(And what, may I ask, happened to the 2 bags of Revels?)

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Poor Dhiren didn`t get it
....He probably won't get the Revels either....:rolleyes:

Sylvia...It all sounds positive.....(apart from the Revels..:eek:)

The card is a brilliant idea...

The care plan has to be approved and we will have to wait for a financial assessment.
...Hoping beyond hope that this happens soon..they do seem to be on the ball down your way..

I'm thinking of selling up and moving South...:D

love gigi xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Sylvia

I have been waiting anxiously for your post:) I will skip the revels because thanks to you I bought a box of dolly mixtures seeing as I could not see revels:p

It sounds very promising about introducing another presence into your home;) My phone call didn't happen again so I rang them and they promised me she would call Monday. I am now back on the ball and will definitely deal with it properly on Monday if I don't get the promised call. Home help eh. I could do with an ironer and a cleaner.

Nottinghamshire has that Emergency Service but not Nottingham City:confused: It is a very valuable service because I always wonder what will happen whenever I have to leave Alan.

A little more waiting but I am sure it will be worth while in the end.

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sylvia, that warrants another WOW!:)

That all sounds brilliant (including the Revels!:))

I hope Dhiren soon comes to accept the new 'home help', and you'll get some respite. It doesn't sound as if you'll have much trouble with funding.

Is there room in Kent for all of us?:D

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
How did Dhiren cope with both Terry and the student?

I think Dhiren has come to accept Terry now as a necessary evil. He doesn`t know who he is, he`s just this man who comes for a chat every so often.
And Terry began talking to Dhiren about Gandhi and the Indian car industry and Dhiren was happy to discuss.

The SW student had a lot to write so I took him into the kitchen. He was with me over an hour but I think Dhiren nodded off. The SW did need Dhiren`s signature and hewas able to explain it to him , without me, and Dhiren signed.

The Revels?
Who honestly expects me to throw them away. And you all know Dhiren is diabetic. :rolleyes:

And Hazel,
There`s a small detached bungalow next door to me. It has just been beautifully refurbished. It`s for sale or rent. :)

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello Silvia

There`s a small detached bungalow next door to me. It has just been beautifully refurbished. It`s for sale or rent.

We live in a bungalow. And thank god for it. All on one floor.

I wish we could sell this millstone, and rent a bungalow. It is the upkeep:(
Newly refurbished:D, give me the address:)

Barb X & Ron ZZ

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Sylvia, sounds as if you have a good day, all in all.

Step by step you are putting the handrails in place to help you along the dementia route.

Take my hat off to you for your patience, but I guess only you know just how much Dhiren can take on board at any one time.

Hope all works out for you.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Among the literature the student left with me is an application form for a Kent Carers` Emergency Card.
Carers will be issued with a credit card sized card that has a unique reference number and emergency phone number on it. If the carer is away from the one they care for and has an accident or sudden illness, a call to the 24 hour contact centre will enable staff to access a pre arranged emergency plan and put it into action. This is free and available 24/7.

We also have that in our area , even thought I have not sorted it out yet :eek:. Its a good idea

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
From shoes to hats.....................

This evening , it`s the turn of the hats.

D `Someone`s taken my hats. I can`t find them.`

They were in the wardrobe.

They are not there now. He has taken them out of the wardrobe and put them on the bed where he can see they are all there.

I suppose if he has no memory , he cannot remember what is behind closed doors.....cupboard doors, drawer fronts, doors to rooms.

Who posted about glass cupboard doors for people with dementia? It seems a good idea.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Except I would be worried if it wasn't safety glass. Even if Ken could see into a cupboard, he wouldn't see what he was looking for and I suspect Dhiran might be the same. I tell Ken his slipper is right beside him and he can't see it.

xxTinaT

ps one of his slippers is yet again missing. Thank goodness he has three pairs to lose. Sometimes he has to wear odd ones as the matching ones are missing. Still, they always turn up in the end.

Hope he settles down Sylvia and lets you have a little peace tonight.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I suppose if he has no memory , he cannot remember what is behind closed doors.....cupboard doors, drawer fronts, doors to rooms.

My mother can not remember we have a massive mirror on wall in fount room, we always had it there for years, years while mum been living with me . after mum hair cut yesterday . She shouts they no mirror in this house, when I show it to her , she tell me why I never told her :eek:.

Still when she wanted to see her hair, she went to bathroom to check it . must be habit, checking her hair in bathroom Mirror, as in her own home in the past with my father she never had a Mirror in fount room.

So " D " must of been in the habit of alway putting his hats in cupboards most of his life . If he can't remember moving them !!! Say not more, some else move them you or someone else .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.