Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

A life in the day of.........................

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Grannie G, Jun 4, 2007.

1. piedwarbler

piedwarbler Registered User

Aug 3, 2010
    South Ribble
    Dear Sylvia,
    Thinking of you. It's a peculiar time of exhaustion and grief all mixed up. I couldn't settle to anything. X

2. grove

grove Registered User

Aug 24, 2010
    North Yorkshire
    Dear Sylvia , What a lovely , caring & wonderful Home Dhiren was in & how thoughtful & kind the Co - Owner was to call you & offer you support

Sending you & Paul much support & thinking of you both

Much Love & Kind thoughts

Grove x x

3. notsogooddtr

notsogooddtr Registered User

Jul 2, 2011
    so sorry

So sorry to read your news.May Dhiren rest in peace.

4. zonkjonk

zonkjonk Registered User

Dear Sylvia,

I just logged on to TP for the first time in many weeks and I am shocked and saddened to read of Dhiren`s death. Wishing you and your family strength for the future.
    I also would like to thankyou for your help and support when I was an active member.
    Thinking of you,
    Jo

5. janlyn

janlyn Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    gloucester
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family x

6. lotusflower

lotusflower Registered User

Jan 10, 2012
    South east
    So sorry

So sorry to hear your news .... You are very much in our thoughts and prayers. I thank you for sharing your journey and experiences ... Me included, they have helped a great many people who have visited /used TP. Stay strong for the days ahead. Warmest wishes of comfort to you and your family. Xx

7. 60's child

60's child Registered User

Apr 23, 2013
    suffolk
    #15487 60's child, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    Very sorry to hear your sad news Sylvia. Please take care and look after yourself.

8. SoyHJ

SoyHJ Registered User

Mar 16, 2013
    I haven't posted on TP for a long time but I've been following your posts. I am so very sorry to hear your sad news and I will be thinking of you.

9. Roma

Roma Registered User

Jan 15, 2008
    UK
    So sorry for your loss Sylvia. Hope you find some comfort in knowing that you did a wonderful job in caring for Dhiren and that he is now at peace.

Love Roma x

10. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    The funeral will be held on Monday January 27th at 3.20pm.

It will be small and humanist, just immediate family and care home staff, people Dhiren was familiar with.

The Funeral Director accompanied Dhiren for his brain donation. He was so impressed with the way it was conducted he went home, had a discussion with his wife and phoned the Brain Bank to offer his own brain for donation.

11. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm glad you have the arrangements made Sylvia. I'm sure the service will be a fitting tribute to Dhiren's life. What good news about the funeral director.

Thinking of you and the family and wishing you strength. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

12. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    My thoughts too

Much love xx

13. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    Sylvia

The funeral sounds ideal, a good way to celebrate all that Dhiren stood for in his life.

Very Interesting that the Funeral Director was impressed with how the donation was carried out, that should help others who are thinking about brain donation.

Love xxx

14. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Thats so amazing about the funeral director. Dhiren's giving will continue through him and other people that he tells that is so comforting to know
    I hope the funeral goes well and is everything you want it to be.

Continuing support

Sarah

15. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    #15495 Saffie, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    I'll be with you in spirit on the 27th Sylvia. I'm sure the funeral will reflect the love you have for Dhiren and will be as he would wish. X

16. hazytron

hazytron Registered User

Apr 4, 2008
    SOUTH LAKES
    Dear Sylvia, I have only just caught up with your loss of Dhiren. My thoughts and love are with you at this difficult time.
    You were a constant throughout my dementia journey with my Mum, and with that, I regard you as a very special person.
    Love and strength from me to you. xx

17. Nanak

Nanak Registered User

Mar 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    I will be thinking of you on Monday Sylvia

Much love

Kim xx

18. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    One of the best funerals I have attended was a humanist service. To be honest, I was surprised at that at the time, but now I always recommend such a service for those who are even remotely considering it.

Our thoughts will be with you on the day, and afterwards.

19. singp

singp Registered User

Nov 18, 2011
    Dear Sylvia,

I have been without internet for a week and only just read of Dhiren's passing. Please accept my sincere condolences. This thread has been so helpful to me. I thank you so much for recording your journey with Dhiren here on TP. You have helped so many people along the way. I hope the love and kind wishes from all on TP are helping you now.

Pauline

20. Loopiloo

Loopiloo Registered User

May 10, 2010
    Female
    Scotland
    Dear Sylvia, along with many others on TP I shall be with you in spirit on 27th.

How amazing about the funeral director, Dhiren would be pleased.

Wishing you strength and holding you close in my thoughts and heart.

Loo xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.