A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I agree Sylvia - the brain donation of the funeral director might be the one that brings an advance or even a cure. What greater legacy could one leave?
I will be thinking of you next Monday. Like you we had a small service for Mum and it was very nice. I am sure Dhiren's will be. Hoping at some point you might share readings with us so we can read and share your thoughts.
X

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
I too will be thinking of you and your family on Monday Sylvia.

We had a small humanist funeral for my FiL and it was lovely (if a funeral can be).

I'm impressed about the funeral director and I'm sure Dhiren would have been too!

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
The funeral will be held on Monday January 27th at 3.20pm.

It will be small and humanist, just immediate family and care home staff, people Dhiren was familiar with.

The Funeral Director accompanied Dhiren for his brain donation. He was so impressed with the way it was conducted he went home, had a discussion with his wife and phoned the Brain Bank to offer his own brain for donation.

This is such a beautiful thing to come from Dhiren's wonderful gift...I cried when I read it. Will be thinking of you, particularly on the 27th. You'll be strong. xx

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I have just logged on after a few days of being unable to. I send you my love Sylvia at this time.

This one is the hardest goodbye of them all

Love Jeannette

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hoping at some point you might share readings with us so we can read and share your thoughts.
X

Thank you Pied.

Order of Service

Entrance : The Humming Chorus from Madam Butterfly

Welcome and thanks , including thanks to Care Home staff

Reading

When I am dead 

Cry for me a little 

Think of me sometimes

But not too much. 

Think of me now and again 

As I was in life 

At some moments it's pleasant to recall 

But not for long. 

Leave me in peace 

And I shall leave you in peace 

And while you live

Let your thoughts be with the living. 

[ American ] Indian Prayer

Contemplation to

Make me a Channel of your Peace Sung by Sinead O`Connor

Each member of the Congregation to place a flower on the coffin to Buddhist Chants and Peace Music from the Hanshan Temple

Gaelic Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Committal to Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves from Nabucco.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Lovely words, beautiful music. It will be perfect, and I'm sure there will be a huge crowd of your TP friends there with you in spirit, Sylvia. What time will it take place? I'll make sure I spend a quiet time to think about the way you and Dhiren shared so much with us.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sylvia that is so beautiful. I love the music and the readings. I am familiar with the Celtic blessing but not the Indian Prayer. It is so lovely and appropriate. I will certainly be with you in spirit on Monday. x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
It sounds just perfect Sylvia. Although I will be across the sea, I will be with you all in spirit.

Love

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Like Izzy I know the prayer but not the Indian reading - it's just perfect. I'm going to YouTube the music. I'm sure I will know it when I hear it. A beautiful service Sylvia. Thank you so much for sharing. Makes me feel a tiny part of it.
When I think of you and Dhiren I always picture the photo of the two of you on the Talking Point flyer I've left in many a hospital, GP and care home foyer/ waiting room. Xx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Sylvia,
I love the order of service. The Buddhist chant is beautiful, I have the CD and find it so peaceful.
Your choice of music is very beautiful and the reading says it all.

I shall be thinking of you on Monday.

Jan x

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
The service is such a tribute to Dhiren in the caring and loving way it has been chosen so personally for him x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Dear Sylvia , The Service is lovely especially the Celtic Blessing ( which I know ) & the Buddhist Chants A truly fitting tribute to Dhiren & your love & care has shone thru in the readings & music Sylvia

Will be thinking of you , Paul & family on Monday

Much Love & Kind thoughts

Grove x x

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Calm peaceful and a lovely tribute to a very special man. I will be thinking of you and playing some of the music you have chosen at the time of the funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brose