Fred

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Congratulations on making 51 years.
Hope you have a lovely day with Fred. Exmoor; being spoiled by your family sounds excellent, I hope the sun shines on you. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Had a lovely day. Thanks all for your good wishes. Just off to Church before going to Exmoor so will post more later. Happy Easter to all. xx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hello all. Had a lovely weekend and hope you did too. Fred was very happy on Saturday. Loved his new baby. Photo attached where you can see his lovely carer too. Exmoor was lovely too - see chick's positives post. Weather was also beautiful so all thoroughly enjoyed and spoiled by family as anticipated. More great news - another great on the way too. That will be 5 by the end of the year Only prob was the journey home yesterday. Must remind myself never to travel on a bank holiday again. Took me two and a half hours to get from son's to CH, normally one hour; 30 mins visit as by then Fred was tired and grumpy and then another 75 minutes get home, normally 25-30 mins journey. By which time friend and neighbour who was looking after Katie was getting frantic thinking I had been in an accident or Fred was ill. Down to earth again now. Hope all is as well as can be. Verityxx

Attachments

• 1428389939720.jpg
    1428389939720.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 419
  • 1428389974119.jpg
    1428389974119.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 400

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So glad you enjoyed it. The travel can be a nightmare - thankfully, over here, usually not nearly so bad as you are never all that far from the coast anyway. Still worth it that you had such a lovely weekend. And lovely pics. Fred looks very contented.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
So pleased to read that you had a happy Easter with your family and a new one on the way. Fred certainly appears contented with his new baby in the lovely picture. I feel that those grumpy moods are caused by frustration Verity. My husband suffered them too for no apparent reason we could deduce at the time. I love the colour Fred's shirt and jumper - very spring like. Loving thoughts WIFE

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Lovely photos Verity, glad you enjoyed your time with the family and of course your celebration with Fred. Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Had a fantastic visit today. Fred put his arm around me and cuddled me for the 1st time in how many years and told everyone that I was a 'good 'un'. What have I done to deserve that?? He had finally agreed to a hair cut yesterday too. I was so happy to see him like it. Our 'baby' had been purloined by another resident but managed to retrieve. Was on the hunt for doll's clothes today at the bargain shops but without success. Am going into Bristol tomorrow so will look in the large P....dl...nd there to see if they have any. Only want cheapies obviously. I can see me ending up buying a couple of cheap dolls so the other residents might leave his to him One of my lovely DILs visited me on Tues and brought a box of brand new garden bits and bobs which were gratefully received. I sometimes get overwhelmed by how kind my family is.
Just a couple of shots of Fred with his babe, in one he is trying to give her a drink!

Attachments

• 1429216700828.jpg
    1429216700828.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 1429216760686.jpg
    1429216760686.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 374

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Verity so pleased you had a good day with Fred he looks very contented, you must feel happy to have some recognition.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Wonderful update and wonderful pictures. It brings back happy memories for me as my Alan loved his stuffed dogs and his orang utan. I remember him feeding one of his dogs Christmas dinner.

Love

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It's wonderful that you found something that brings him so much peace and contentment. So glad you had a good visit today. xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oh Verity you deserve every good thing, you are such a loving person. I'm very glad you got this tiny enormous recognition from Fred. What a lovely expression on his face, such a sweet man. Love and big hugs to you. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Hello Verity, I don’t think I have written on your thread before although often read it. Your photos of your husband Fred with his baby doll are an absolute delight to see. He looks so engrossed and happy with his baby. Wish I had thought of a baby doll for my husband who adored little ones. He still shows his enjoyment when a child or children are visiting his care home. It is wonderful to see our men happy isn’t it.

It was so uplifting to read that you had a fantastic visit today and that Fred was loving, cuddling you. I know how precious that is.

My husband was a dear caring, loving and affectionate man until dementia totally changed him, he became aggressive, and I seemed to become his worst enemy. Then when he went into the care home he became affectionate once again - after many years not - and often expressed it. On good days. He is much further into dementia now.

Sorry to write so much about us, but as I read your post I could relate to how I imagine you felt, and I felt happy for you. Those moments are very precious and send you home with an uplifted heart. They do help when there are not so good visits. I hope you enjoy more like the one today.

Loo xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch