Worried about John

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hello hazel i used to make an appointment at the dr's for harold and go in myself the dr was ok about it because of his alzheimershe nough i could not take him to the surgery im sure if you asked the dr would see you good luck milly

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Hazel

Hope that you and the GP can find some solution to keep John comfortable. I know electrolytes can go out of baalance for a number of reason eg after a sickness bug etc.so you may find they retest.

Love

Mameeskye

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you so much, everyone, I really appreciate the support.:)

I was on the phone at 8 this morning -- our own GP is on paternity leave! I then asked if I could speak to the doctor who has been visiting John recently -- he's on a long weekend!

He's going to ring me at 5.30 on Tuesday. I hope I'll have managed to talk to CN before then, but I made the appointment anyway. It'll be a long weekend for me too, though!:(

Love to all,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Hazel I'm sorry to hear that John has been poorly. That sounds an unfeasibly long wait to hear from the practice.:(
I hope that John picks up in the meantime so that you aren't fretting all weekend.:(

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Typical. Just when you need immediate support is isn`t available.
It does bring home to us how everyone carries on with their normal lives while we plod on regardless.

Tillyvernillie

Nov 22, 2006
Stockton on Tees
Hi Hazel

Hi Hazel, Sorry to hear of your predicament, I can sympathize with you as my mother has a water infection at the moment and she is just awful!
She still recognizes me but really is nasty about everything, I know that it really can get you down, this began yesterday and is still going today, I got antibiotics from the Dr so hopefully they will kick in soon. I just read something on here that you can get herbally for uti's but i didnt see a name for it.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Tillyvernillie, I'm sorry to hear about your mum, UTIs are dreadful. It was one that caused a severe downward plunge in John. I hope your mum recovers quickly.

Sadly, it's not an infection this time, but his kidneys failing.:(

Love,

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hazel,
I'm away but am being a bad guest & have just had to visit TP, as it had been several days.

Rudi & I are sorry to hear about John's kidney failure. Are they certain about this? Will they put him on dialysis? Rudi's mother had kidney failure and she lasted nearly 10 years with dialysis. Her last year was spent in a nursing home also.

I have a hundred questions but I'll wait till you see the GP on Tuesday.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Joanne, I've missed you!:)

Apaarently a GP went in yesterday and took more bloods, so they are keeping an eye on things. Hopefully they'll have the results on Tuesday.

I doubt if dialysis will be an option, the trips to and from hospital would be too stressful, and if his heart is failing ....

I just don't know.:(

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
hi hazel they do have portable dialysis machines now so that might still be an option hope thats not needed though love larivy

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Hazel

I cant beleive you have to wait until Tuesday for the results of Johns tests, it must be so worrying for you.

I hope that they find something to help him.

Love
Janet

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Hello, I have just caught up on this thread, so sorry, but I hope the test results are better on Tuesday, weekends are such a nuisance aren't they timewise. Love Pauline xx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Hazel

Thinking of you both.

Hope things improve with the results on Tuesday.

It is a long time to wait for results. Try not to be too stressed out (easier said, than done)

Take care

love
Alfjess

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Dear Hazel, I have just read this thread and I am so sorry to hear John is not well. Did you speak with the doctor today? You must be frantic having had to wait all weekend for any news. How are things today any improvement at all? You know everybody is thinking about you both, please take care of yourself as well. Best wishes

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Had a lovely day at the home, I was thoroughly spoiled.

John refused to wake up for Santa, but woke up later. I'm sure he does it on purpose, when I accuse him of winding us up, he giggles!:D

John Christmas 09 1.jpg

John Christmas 2.jpg