Worried about John

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Snow all gone, thank you Deborah. But I find I'm still driving very cautiously, as if the roads were still icy. I wonder how long that will last!:eek:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
John's very ill with a severe chest infection. Unbelievable after the lovely visit on Saturday.

I've said no hospital, they couldn't do anything the nurses at the home can't do. He's on antibiotics, and paracetamol because he has a high temperature. That's unusual for John, he very rarely has a raised temp with an infection.

I've been there all day, and have told them to ring me if there's any change. I must admit I'm seriously worried.

What a time we're all having.:(

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Hazel, how awful for you both. It seems that so many people on here are going through such terrible times. Thinking of you all. Izzy x

Beezed

Apr 28, 2009
Southampton
Oh dear Hazel,

You don't need any more on your plate. So many people are having a really rough time at the moment.

I hope the antibiotics and paracetamol prove effective quickly.

Sending love,

Jeanne.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hazel we are all learning the true meaning of `rollercoaster`. I`m so sorry. There`s little else I can say.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
So sorry

I just feel numb at your news Hazel. Do you think another GP visit this evening is called for? e.g. for steroids, adding in another antibiotic, nebulising? A call earlier is better than later - easier to accommodate.....

Very worried for you Hazel but lifting you and John up in prayer - I hope you have people close at hand for support as well as us, Sue, xxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Hazel,

I now truly know what these infections mean and just how worrying and upsetting they are. All my best wishes, thoughts and prayers will be with you and John and I sincerely hope that John begins to respond to the medication speedily. As for you, I do hope you feel the full support of the Talking Point community behind you as you deal with the worry of what this may mean.

Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Hazel:
My thoughts and prayers are positively with you and John. Hold on there, remember John has had serious problems before and there is no reason why he should not fight this one successfully.

That is all too easy to type :eek::eek::eek: - I understand that each time is another serious worry.

Thinking about you.

Love

Last edited:

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Hazel.
Im so sorry to hear about John.

It`s seems that quite alot of people are having a bad time and I am thinking of you all.

Thinking of you both and hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Much love Roseann xxx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hazel all my thoughts are with you and john it just seems to be one thing after another sending you a hug love larivy

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Hazel, so sorry to read that John has got a severe chest infection, thay are so worrying. Hopefully they are giving him the very strong antibiotics, they should kick in within 24 hours and no doubt the will be giving him medication too to get the temperature down. He is in good hands and your decision not to admit him is what I would have chosen too. Hope you manage to have a good rest so you are ready to face another day tomorrow. God bless my thoughts and prayers are with you.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
John hasn't been well for a long time now and this must be so draining for you. Hopefully the antibiotics will overcome the latest setback. I hope you find him better in the morning.

Much love,

TinaT xx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch