Worried about John

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Wishing you a peaceful night Hazel. So sorry your grand daughter is still unwell but it is good that she has the desire to be well. Knowing, herself, that she has a problem is a big step in the right direction.
Hope John remains stable.
Regards Hazel

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I did get a good sleep last night, but now I'm worrying about what today will bring. Sorry, not off the tightrope yet, Connie.:eek:

My other problem is my granddaughter. She's been posting to facebook from her phone, but not a word yesterday. I suspect she's had her phone confiscated, which is a good idea, because she was posting to her fellow-bulimics, but it does mean I don't know what's happening.

(Sorry, I know that's not dementia-related, but it's me-related!)

Life's not easy, is it?

Love,

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Good morning, Hazel,

I have four grandchildren who post to Facebook and it IS a handy way of keeping up with them, isn't it. I am so sorry to hear that you have just lost contact with your grand-daughter. Let's hope it will be only temporary so you can worry a little less about her.

I hope John has another good day to-day, and that you are looking after yourself properly too.

Love, Nan XXX

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hi Hazel,
Glad you slept well last night.
Sorry your granddaughter has had her phone confiscated but it is porbably for the best that she has no outside influence from her fellow sufferer's.
Sorry she cant have a bit of grandma love though it would do her so much good ( but I am sure she will be thinking of you).xxx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks folks.

John was good again today, and enjoyed his lunch, with no dribbling.

His feet are still very swollen, but were the same temperature. Hopefully if I keep up with the massage, it will keep the circulation going for a bit longer. I'm going to order some more of the soft socks from cosy feet, they're so much better for him than ordinary ones, which always leave marks. The slippers from them are a triumph, so much easier to take on and off.

Still no word from granddaughter!:(

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Hazel,

John sounds stable again...that's good!

Cosyfeet slippers are a boon..they are machine washable too..:D

I hope your grandaughter will be ok. It's hard not to worry, I know!

Love xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Hazel,
I've just caught up with your thread and I'm so sorry I haven't been more attentive. I'm glad John seems to be improving and hope he keeps it up.

I hope you hear from your granddaughter soon also. You have too many things to worry about. Please take care of yourself.

Love,

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Hazel, Lovely to hear John is getting more stable again hope he carries on like that.

I'm going to order some more of the soft socks from cosy feet, they're so much better for him than ordinary ones, which always leave marks. The slippers from them are a triumph, so much easier to take on and off.

I swear by their lovely socks, slippers and shoes
it is such good quality and well worth paying that extra bit for.

Look after yourself

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Hazel,

It is so wonderful to hear that John is more stable. I am interested in the slippers and will google them because they might be of help to Alan now.

I sincerely hope for a daily improvement in John:)

Love

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Hazel , so glad John is stable, but also understand the worry of extended family, i love my grandchildren with a passion and worry about them constantly ( is this a grandma thing) their pain is mine and i cannot alter that, expect it is the same with yourself, this over whelming need to protect them, thanks for the tip about socks shall google that tomorrow love to you both pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounds like you can breathe again Hazel, with regard to John anyway. I do hope you hear from your granddaughter.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you everyone.:)

I've sent my granddaughter a PM on facebook, and a text, so hopfully I'll get a reply if or when she gets her phone back. I know she'll be OK, and at least she'll know I'm thinking of her. Unfortunately with the marriage break-up I can't get info from anyone else.

The socks are great for swollen feet, Pam & Helen. Expensive (£17 for a 3-pair pack), but so much easier to get on and off, and don't dig in at all.

The slippers open right out, so you don't have to squeeze them on.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Love,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I hope you have a good day today too, Hazel. Has the snow all gone?

I thought it had fully disappeared down here until I went to a garden centre yesterday. There were mountains of snow about seven foot high along the sides of the car park. The poor staff must have worked like blazes to sweep the car parks clear!

Hope your day is serene and positive.