Wheee! Highlight of the day

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Went out with the three Indian ladies.
Wonderful evening,picked up,taken to an Indian restaurant,smashing meal.
I ate food which I have not seen before.
Only way to eat Indian food is with three ladies looking after you.
Norman

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Norman

Just caught up with your evening out.

It sounded wonderful. Glad you enjoyed and I am sure you count your blessings at having three such good friends.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Actually highlight of yesterday.

Walking into my dad's NH and as I approached him he said to the lady next to him 'This is my daughter' :eek::eek::D:D He'll be remembering my name next! ;)

Not meant to be sarcastic, I was thrilled. :)

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hi Sue

Little things mean such a lot, don't they. Glad you had such a nice greeting.

Attachments

• Rotating HURRAH__28330.gif
    Rotating HURRAH__28330.gif
    108.2 KB · Views: 419
  • happy-banana.gif
    happy-banana.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 405

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Highlights of 2009

:eek::eek: It's almost six weeks since anyone had anything good to post! Or so it seems. :D

I have two highlights to post, is that OK? They are highlights of the year so far, rather than highlights of the day. But the year is still young, innit?

My mum tends to be all but incomprehensible now. She will answer a question with a 'yes' or 'no' if she hears it in the first place but most of the time she chatters a totally incomprehensible chatter filled with much significance for her, many impressive words, but alas, barely any sense for anyone else.

One day last week she started a sentence which sounded as if she was calling me a 'blessing', then she gave up and said 'I love you'.:eek::) That has to be my highlight of the year. I'm not sure if it can get any better.

The other highlight? I passed two tests in the week, which mean I am now qualified to drive four sevenths of a computer in Europe. :D Hooray! A gold star to anyone who knows what I am talking about.:cool::D

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
The other highlight? I passed two tests in the week, which mean I am now qualified to drive four sevenths of a computer in Europe. :D Hooray! A gold star to anyone who knows what I am talking about.:cool::D

Can I have my gold star when you finish the ECDL as a fully qualified and responsible driver?

:)

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
You can, JPG,well done! But don't hold your breath. I've only passed the easier modules so far! Some considerable brain strain to come.:)

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
2 good days in a row!

A fab couple of days. After using the advice I obtained from this site, my dad agreed to see Social Services and get a carer in for a few hours each week for respite! That was yesterday's good news.
And today, dad managed to get mum to agree to have a bath and hair wash, be dressed and helped downstairs! Good thing too, she does get a bit whiffy :)
They used to have a much-loved border terrier and I thought it might cheer mum up to see one again, so I bought an older one who's not too bouncy and who gets on with cats and chickens, to avoid upsetting my other creatures. Now she's settled, I took her to see mum, and she jumped on the bed. You should have seen mum's face light up. It's worth getting up half an hour earlier to walk her (besides being good for me too!), just to see that look on Ma's face. Dad is sure that the excitement helped get her up. I'm going to take her every weekend. Have dragooned teenage son into walking her after school as I don't get in until late on weekdays with working and visiting ma, so it's working out well. Are animals therapeutic to AD sufferers, does anyone know?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Are animals therapeutic to AD sufferers, does anyone know?

yes i have read that it is .

We have a dog that a real pain, but he mum have a really good relationship.

A fab couple of days. After using the advice I obtained from this site, my dad agreed to see Social Services and get a carer in for a few hours each week for respite! That was yesterday's good news.
And today, dad managed to get mum to agree to have a bath and hair wash, be dressed and helped downstairs! Good thing too, she does get a bit whiffy

Now that all sounds really positive am pleased for you. Thanks for sharing your good new . well done for archiving it all :)

vivienz

Jan 26, 2009
Bournemouth
My mum had her assessment at the memory clinic today. The consultant and the attending nurse were lovely people - the most sympathetic and genuinely understanding people that we have come across so far. I'm afraid I'm disillusioned with GPs and social services, etc. but, hey, this thread is to tell you about the good bits.
The diagnosis given at the end of today was that mum has been suffering a long series (since December last year, so far) of mini strokes, very likely aggravated by stopping taking her daily low dose aspirin. Whilst that may not sound brilliant, given all the other potential outcomes, I'm pretty damn chuffed. I know that there are probably some tough times ahead still, but for the moment I still have a great deal of hope and consider us to be extraordinarily fortunate by comparison to what could have been. It was my birthday yesterday, which wasn't the best, but today's assessment was better than any present I could have wished for.
Vivien

ellystokes1980

Feb 9, 2009
little things, but i actually had success with our SW today, albeit only once I rang to ask the questions...

-Attendance allowance has been awarded finally,
-she is going to talk to our local housing authority regarding my application so that i can live away from grans,
-the costs to repair grans house will be covered by SS,
-she is going to talk to my employers to hep me to keep my job.

All in all a successful phonecall, i actually feel a bit giddy that so much has been achieved with just one call !

Now im just waiting to see what will actually come of it all. No doubt many further phonecalls will be required to keep things moving, but it feels like someone may actually be trying to help :)

Elly

ella24

Nov 9, 2008
South Coast UK
so proud!!!!

I took my little Persian Blue cat 'H' to my gran's Care Home this afternoon.... He is a people cat so I hoped he'd be ok, but it turned out better than I thought!

I'd been asked if I'd mind if H saw one of the ladies(B) there who loves cats. She has almost no language and sort of burbles rather than use words. She cant walk either and is now almost entirely room-bound. I also found out she has hardly any visitors....:(

Anyway, we went to her room with a carer and B was absolutely mesmerised - got H out of his box, and he wandered and then let out a huge deep miaow (he's very vocal) and B said 'he talks'.

Well, the carer nearly burst into tears, it was so amazing. I got H to sit between me and B and she stroked him and said 'kitty kitty kitty' and 'oooh a lovely tail'. It was absolutely brilliant - the carer couldn't beleive it....

We stayed with B for about quarter of an hour, then went down to the resident's conservatory and the other residents saw H. By this time he was really chilled out, and even sat on one lady's lap as she stroked him - and then sat in his box whilst I spoke to gran too (and she boasted to everyone how lovely and spoiled he was....)

I'm so proud of him - H made about 5 ladies' day...!!!

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Wonderful day for you and the ladies who were so smitten with H.
Well done for making such a huge effort which was so worthwhile. I hope H has an extra treat tonight and is also allowed to sit on your lap and purr to his heart's content.

xxTinaT