Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Oh Jan,

I hope they can do something to control the pain..it must be torture for you to watch David suffering..and worse for him.

Thinking of you both.

Love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I feel I am subjected to a sort of torture - drip, drip, drip, drip and more drip.

This is torturous Jan:( I am so sorry to hear that David is in pain:( I hope this is sorted pronto as people shouldn't have to suffer pain these days.

Sending love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jan

You do seem to be having a rough time just now. it's awful to see our loved ones in pain and not able to tell us about it. Poor David, and poor you. It's the helplessness that's so hard to bear, especially when you can't even cuddle them properly.

I hope the GP can find something to help, and you can get some relief from the drip drip.

Love,

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Jan, hope DavidS pain is being controlled, it is so awful wehen you have to watch with out being able to elivate your husbands pain, some days i just have to leave the room for a while and hope the meds do there job, otherwise the helpless feeling just overwhelms. lets hope they can trace the causem but it is a bit like aneedle in a haystack isnt it. love to you both Pam

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Just a quick one

What a trying time for you and your family. I am keeping my fingers and legs very tightly crossed for a non-serious outcome hopefully soon cos this is not very comfortable! My thoughts are with you BeckyJan xx christine

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Jan,

I do so very much hope that David's pain is now being brought under control. How distressing for both of you. Sending love and thinking of you both,

Nan XXX

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Dear Jan,
I am sorry to read your latest post on your thread. How I sympathise. My late mother would cry help and scream all day long and they could find nothing. She too screamed blue murder as soon as we went near her and we knew she had terrible pain in her legs. The doctor and CPN decided in the end that it was pain in anticipation, i.e. she would tense her muscles before we touch her and therefore the pain was worse. They put her on morfin, but even that did not stop her cry help continously.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. It was awful with my mother and I can't bear to think about how dreadful it must be with a much loved husband.

I am truly thinking about you and your dear husband.

Please look after yourself too.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Wow - its end of May since Winnie last posted on our Thread!!!

Its been a roller coaster since then - David has deteriorated - now in cot sided bed, very confused, fed pureed food and thickened drinks. :eek::eek:

I have had conversations with his GP - postponed his Pacemaker check (knowing it needs replacing within 6 mths - 2 yrs!!). Rejected peg feeding to avoid aspiration. I have been warned that he is at risk of chest infection! David is still taking nourishment through pureed food but coughs and splutters occasionally.

Todays visit was a nothingness - when I arrived he was searching for a pencil (carers and me just pretended I was going out to look for it!!).

He looked dreadful. Tomorrow may be different.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hi Jan

So sorry to hear about David - I do hope tomorrow is different.

Lots of love and thinking of you

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Jan
I am so sorry that things are so bad for you both.
I hope Davids pain is now under control.
Am thinking of you, be strong.
Much love Roseann xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
On days like these words seem inadequate somehow. Wish there was something that could be done to ease the pain/anquish that, in your own ways, you both must be going through.

Keeping in my thoughts and prayers. I do hope that tomorrow is different. Stay strong.

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Jan,

Yes how time flies indeed,

Sorry to hear your dear husband is deteriorating fast too, mine as well unfortunately.

Its been a roller coaster since then - David has deteriorated - now in cot sided bed, very confused, fed pureed food and thickened drinks.

This is us to a T. We have just had a trial period on slow release morphine plasters and then the liquid morphine because my husbands pain in his back and leg is so bad but it is all too strong for him, and knocks him out completely. i.e. no eating, drinking or motions, which of course is even worse for the chest, which is so vulnerable as you say. We are now on Quinine tablets and they seem to relax him enough to have a good night but the early mornings and days are still bad, so back to the doctor tomorrow to see if he can take one in the morning too. I don't know quite how strong they are.

It is really hard is it not

. I knew it would be harder for me with my husband than it was with my mother and believe me that was hard enough. I so feel for you both and can totally emphasise with your sorrow. My husband is so lovely, brave and good tempered most of the time, I believe yours is too and that almost make it worse I feel, because they look so vulnerable with their large trusting eyes.

Big big cuddles from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.