Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Last Saturday David was sick shortly after our youngest daughter visited!! He had previously been talking nonsense and she sensed something was not right! I visited shortly afterwards and again he was not able to talk properly and again sick. This continued during the day :D I asked the nurses to check for constipation as this can cause him problems.

Sunday he was in bed not eating (other than a teacake and a bit of chicken). Refusing most drinks! Monday much the same although I thought his face looked less grey.

The locum GP on Sunday thought UTI but Bank Hol. weekend meant it useless to send sample to lab. until today. I have doubts but hopeful as that would reduce my worry.

I am going shortly and just praying this is 'just another phase' but at the same time I am alerted to perhaps a more serious condition.

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I'm not sure whether there are too many Bank Holidays or "someone" decides they are the best time for our loved ones to take a turn for the worst.
Why does it always happen?
I hope you find David has improved.
Sending (((hugs)))
Kim
Mum 12,500 miles away
:(

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Jan,

It's always a worry when something unexpected appears out of nowhere.

Perhaps it is just a virus or a UTI, but hopefully the lab results will give you some more information.

Has anyone else in the home had a tummy bug of any description?

Hope you find David in better shape when you visit him today.

Take care,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sandy:

No, no one else has had a bug there, nor any visitor. It is strange and loss of appetite for him (since quetiapine) is highly unusual. I am off now armed with yoghurts!!

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Hi,

went through exactly the same scenario with mum a couple of weeks ago. Had the doctor out 3 times in all. Think we all felt it was a UTI. However it did turn out to just be a very nasty virus (and i can vouch for that as I got it a week later).

Trouble is that mum couldnt remember she had been sick, didnt want to get out of bed, but didnt know why and couldnt say how she felt. She didnt really eat or drink for about 6 days. For the first few days every time she had something she would immediately bring it up again, which was a problem with getting medication into her.

Doc gave her an anti-sickness injection, some ABs just in case and some anti-sickness pills.

I really thought it was a decline, because of her lack of ability to eat or drink, but she has fully recovered now.

Its times like this that I feel quite overwhelmed with the responsibility of looking after someone with AD.

Hope David is better soon.

Sue

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I know how worrying this can be on many different levels Jan and all I can do is send my love.:) x

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
mum had a uti and a sickness bug a couple of weeks ago apparently there is a bug going round hope his soon on the mend love larivy

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Hiya jan, i hope David is doing a little better and all is as ok as he can be, you are in our thoughts and hope for a good outcome, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jan, I hope David is a bit better today, and they've managed to send off a sample. The sickness is worrying, if it's not a bug.

Hope for some better news this evening.

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Jan,

This must be so worrying for you. I hope that you find David a little better today...and that they find out the cause of the sickeness.
It's the "not knowing" that's the worst.

Please keep us posted.

Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Jan, I am so sorry to read your post.

I do hope that by now you have some better news, as I can sense how worried you are.

My thoughts are with you both at this time, and I hope that they can get David sorted quickly.

Love n'hugs

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thank you all - I am back as he is still so sleepy. I may go return later.

He is eating a little, drinking hardly at all although I did get 50 ml in him this afternoon!!! The sample has been analysed - it is not a UTI but there is protein present :eek::eek:

The NH are calling the GP in tomorrow as I have emphasised my need to know what is going on. If the protein presence is just temporary then OK, otherwise it could have serious implications.

He does look old and frail, inspite of large tummy. He does seem reasonably peaceful; I am the restless one just now.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jan

I hope you can get to the bottom of this latest worry.
At least David is reasonably peaceful but I can just imaging how you feel when you look at him. And how you feel driving home.
Love xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry to hear that things are not good. I hope there is an improvement soon. Izzy x

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
How sad to hear you say how old & frail he looks and how little he drinks - I know the feel of these thoughts even from the distance I am from them - my hb is walking around & still driving but looks more & more frail and short and drinks less & less. So much more worrying for you though. (((hugs))), Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.