The last straw.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Write to your MP. Threatening to move out will probably not be effective unless TV cameras are there
Stanley's posted the utube link for me thanks chuggs

It won't be a threat, by then. I'll have been pushed too far if I don't get a response from the expensive (Mobile phone connect) phone call I made today.

If my Mum; my surgery; people I know and scammers can call me; why couldn't this person call me? Letter said the phone blocked her. Yeah. Right.

I'm sick of it, bemused. No more using me as a pawn for bad service mate. When there's only his money coming in; they CAN'T take any more than that. Don't need a news sensation from any of the daily rags. Just one call to tell them it's over. They can't play me along any more.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Chuggalug, your situation sounds absolutely terrible and I wish you strength!

I hope my question does not cause offence or distress - I am new to this and struggling to understand the rules. Why do you need to move out (I presume out of the home you shared with your husband)? If you need to separate your finances, would a new bank account not do the trick? As I say, I really do not with to cause you any upset, you already have too much to deal with!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Chuggalug, your situation sounds absolutely terrible and I wish you strength!

I hope my question does not cause offence or distress - I am new to this and struggling to understand the rules. Why do you need to move out (I presume out of the home you shared with your husband)? If you need to separate your finances, would a new bank account not do the trick? As I say, I really do not with to cause you any upset, you already have too much to deal with!

You haven't offended, Slugsta. I've banged my fists and cried my tears. Moving out may be the only option left me, because I'll be damned if I'm taking him out of the care environment he needs to survive.

If it was a wrongful calculation they made, they'll have to recalculate when there's no more than his single man's pension coming in. You'll all know, (if you want to), if, and when I make my move to save his care. Just one more phone call to deal with. If it doesn't come, then I'm done playing games any more.

There's too much to this story now, Slugsta, and I'm sick of complaining about it. It does no one any good. Time for me to belt up now, and get on with life! Thanks for caring, sweetheart.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
One pleasing thing, the troublemaker who caused me so many problems is leaving on Friday. The story is she is leaving from choice, but I know from others that there were so many complaints about her she was ' persauded' to leave.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Well that is good news. Just hope, for the sake of others, that part of the persuasion wasn't the promise of a decent reference - it has been known!

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
One pleasing thing, the troublemaker who caused me so many problems is leaving on Friday. The story is she is leaving from choice, but I know from others that there were so many complaints about her she was ' persauded' to leave.

That's good. You won't have to look at her miserable face anymore

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk

Does that mean your care cover will improve, bemused?

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Probably not chuggs but it means that can't put her on my roster knowing perfectly well I will refuse to have her and then say they haven't got anyone else. They must be running out of excuses by now

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Probably not chuggs but it means that can't put her on my roster knowing perfectly well I will refuse to have her and then say they haven't got anyone else. They must be running out of excuses by now

Feel sorry for the woman, all the same. She's back on the job wheel again, having to try and get off it, I would imagine. Fancy putting herself at risk like that.

Life, aye?

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
To be honest chuggs this was her first job(late twenties) and I rather think she won't be looking too hard
In her defence it was blatantly obvious she wasn't' t going to be able to do the hard physical work and why they employed her is a mystery.

Last edited:

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
She doesn't sound like a very able person at all bemused. It's a pity that everybody was put through it. Perhaps a large part of the problem is that it is ridiculously poorly paid because caring isn't valued, when it is of course an extremely skilled and demanding job. The trouble is that when those who are in charge realise that we are all likely to need help at some time it's too late, either that or they can afford to buy whatever they need. So hope that things become a little easier for you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
To be honest chuggs this was her first job(late twenties) and I rather think she won't be looking too hard
In her defence it was blatantly obvious she wasn't' t going to be able to do the hard physical work and why they employed her is a mystery.

It could well have been some rule over keeping up a claim for JSA/ESA, for all we know. Back in the 80s, there was a government scheme they called C.R.A. (Community Rural Aid)). I joined it as part of a back to work scheme to get the unemployment numbers down. You got fifty quid per week to visit the elderly, do their shopping and all that. (Hell of a responsibility for a young 20-something), and you were "employed" for six months out of 12.

Last edited:

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Slept like the dead last night but the downside was I woke up poker stiff. Crawled out of bed,started the day with a B/f of pain killers.
Turned into the local park with Jess and some ******* had left a pile of dog poo on the path amid the wet leaves and its dark. Yes you guessed, crashing down but fortunately not onto my knees this time. Just sat and cried for a minute. Got to my feet, no mean thing with arthritic knees eventually. Thanks to the pain killers I'm surviving atm. We had one of our good carers this morning for which multiple thanks. The poor girl looks like death and is being loaded down with extra calls. We managed to get hubs up between us and this girl needs several gold stars.
I've jarred my back and my neck, just what I needed.
I loathe people who are irresponsible with their dogs at the best of times, today....

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
How awful for you Bemused. I do hope the painkillers continue to do their job and that the pain eases a bot as the day goes on. As you suggest, irresponsible dog owners are a menace.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thanks Stanley and cat WE WILL SURVIVE
You may have noticed I'm a little bit partial to dog's myself, but why oh why do people have to be so plain irresponsible

Last edited:

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oh. bemused, I'm so sorry. I could sit and cry with you, what a horrible thing to happen at the best of times without everything else. Totally irresponsible and selfish, and gives responsible owners a bad name

There used to be someone in our street who would just let his dog out off the lead late at night and it seemed he always did a big smelly heap outside our front gate. My daughter stepped in it one morning on her way to school, and slid down the hill before falling. I caught him one night and told him what was happening. My mum said I was lucky he didn't hit me! He was ok actually, quite embarrassed I think. All a very long time ago. Much worse for you because you're so stressed anyway and now you have hurt your back and neck. Hope you can find something to help, hot pads or something.
Sending love.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
you are certainly going through it at the moment bemused. That is a dreadful thing to happen. Bad enough falling but when the cause is something like that - so easily preventable. Poor you - you have enough on your plate. Take care xx

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Bemused, I'm so sorry to read about your fall on top of everything else. It seems sometimes that the world is full of thoughtless, selfish people, so it's good to have TP and kind words.
Do try to take it easy between caring for hubby, and hope the aches and pains are short-lived.
Thinking if you, xx