Struggling Now

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Dear Es, I have only just come on and read what you and Nick had gone through over the last 24 hours. I'm so pleased you got so much well deserved help and that Nick is being looked after in the hospital. You must be totally exhausted and am sending you lots of love and hugs and am sure you will soon have him home and everything will be in place to help you both. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thanks for your good wishes everyone. I phoned this morning and Nick had quite a good night and has fed himself breakfast so he must be feeling better than he did yesterday. I will phone again after the consultant has seen him, and go in later. Need to catch up with some shopping and possibly get a little sleep this morning.
Must admit, if the hospital discharge him soon I hope he can go to the respite care home. Now he's not here I'm realising what hard work it is. When you just are keeping going you just think it's how life is.Much as I hate him not being here a couple of quiet days on my own would be lovely. (Trying hard to banish the Gmonster). Hoist is coming on Monday, so would be good if he could be away until then.
Lovely people - what would I do without you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thou Shalt Not Mention The "G" Word!!!!! You've had an appalling time, and must be beyond exhausted. I hope you can get some much needed sleep. xxx

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Dear Es, I have been following your posts and praying that everything could fall into place for you. Please take the weekend to recharge your batteries. Nick is getting the treatment he needs- he couldn't have had that at home so absolutely no room for the G word. Sending love and a massive hug xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hope things are sorted for you and Nick. Hoping you haven't had to fight for a little peace over the weekend. Fingers crossed for better news when you feel up to it.xxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Awww, Es. Just caught up myself, love. Wish I was with you and we'd cry together. For each other, and for everyone going through similar heartaches.

Then, we'd cheer up and be thankful things weren't any worse. So glad Nick was able to feed himself. That's a bonus. He's still fighting, and hasn't given up. That's gotta be good.

Now, you know you always advise everyone else to take care of themselves? Time to take a bit of your own medicine, sweetheart. Please take care, rest and sleep and rest. Have a damn good cry when you need to, then tuck in here with the rest of us so you don't feel alone.

Lots and lots of love to you and Nick, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi Esmerelda hope you managed to get a.bit of sleep.you were up so early this morning I imagine your mind was in turmoil but you need to get some rest Nick is being looked after now you need to be kind to yourself and don't even think about the G. word sending you a big hug ((( ))) xxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hi Es. Hope you found Nick a little better today. Have been thinking of you both. Please take care of yourself if he is in hospital or respite for a few days and recharge your batteries. Sending a love and a big hug. xxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hoping no news is good news but keeping my fingers crossed anyway. Been thinking of you.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Es sorry I've been immersed in our own hospital drama and I have only just caught up with yours. Sounds very similar to B, no mobility at all couldn't put one foot in front of the other, that was a UTI, which then caused pneumonia. He is medically fit now but the deterioration in him is shocking. I hope your husband recovers well and is able to come home and make use of the adaptations you are having put in. Thinking about you. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi everybody, all your good wishes, prayers and kind thoughts, much appreciated.
Nick is much better today, quite a transformation actually. He was moved from the Medical Assessment Unit while I was there, and is in a small ward. He seems quite happy and has eaten breakfast and lunch
When I went in he said 'I missed you'. So I feel very blessed.

The hospital is going to see how it goes and will discharge him in 24 or 48 hours. I have said I cannot have him home unless he can stand (holding on to something) and I will be very firm about this because I can't manage otherwise. It will be different when we have the hoist etc but that's not until Monday and he can't be in bed while they're installing it. He will come under the Hospital Discharge Team, rather than Crisis Care, so hope they will be as helpful.

Jinx, I am so sorry I have neglected to look at your thread for a couple of days. I feel so bad that your husband has been so ill and this has caused such a deterioration. Thinking of you lots and sending very much love.

Feels a bit like a bullet dodged, this is my first experience of a UTI, and honestly Nick is so rarely ill I almost thought it wouldn't happen to us. It is such a horrible thing. It's really worth keeping a small pot for a urine sample in the house so you can take a sample to the GP surgery immediately for testing, if you have any worries that there might be a UTI. It's worth being aware of the symptoms so you can look out for it and catch it early as it can lead to other infections.
Thanks again all, think I need to get some sleep now!! I know I keep saying it but you're a great bunch of people and every message helped a lot.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
You stick to your guns, girl, and make sure that he's not sent home when he can "more or less" stand, or "nearly" stand, but when he is standing! And try to get some much needed rest this weekend. xxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thanks Scarlett, you really are a treasure for all of us.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Well done Nick. Well done Es for standing your ground.So relieved that all is well.
Sleep well xxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Es so glad Nick is already feeling a little better . Do stand your ground with the hospital . Thinking of you lots much love to you all xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hope you're still asleep. Best wishes for Nick' s recovery. Have a couple of days peace to relax and recharge (builders permitting).