Struggling Now

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
That's very kind of you Cat, but I've always thought you have more to put up with. You are always so busy, with not just one person to care for. And it must be very hurtful to deal with the change in your dad's personality.

Thank you Scarlett and bemused for your comforting words.

Nick okay today, but in bed with the sides up rather than out in the chair. A couple of the other men in the ward are very kind and make sure he gets a paper, although he doesn't read it. He seems his usual happy self, apart from getting frustrated when he can finish his sentences.

Off to bed now, the builders will be in first thing.
Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
That's very kind of you Cat, but I've always thought you have more to put up with. You are always so busy, with not just one person to care for. And it must be very hurtful to deal with the change in your dad's personality.

Nick okay today, but in bed with the sides up rather than out in the chair. A couple of the other men in the ward are very kind and make sure he gets a paper, although he doesn't read it. He seems his usual happy self, apart from getting frustrated when he can finish his sentences.

Love and blessings

Dear Es, hoping Nick recovers further still . Plz look after yourself too as you must be exhausted what with builders and hospital visits . Thinking of you xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside

Love and blessings

I walk away from it all though. I sleep without being disturbed. You have it 24/7. I don't think I could do that.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I walk away from it all though. I sleep without being disturbed. You have it 24/7. I don't think I could do that.

Well, we all have our struggles in different ways, and it's good we've got each other.

On an entirely different subject Look who I found when I went to feed the birds.

Attachments

• P1030368.jpg
    P1030368.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 365

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Yes, he hopped out and ran away okay bemused. I need to get a container with a better fitting lid. Hope he keeps away from the black cat that sees our garden as his favourite hunting place:(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Well, we all have our struggles in different ways, and it's good we've got each other.

On an entirely different subject Look who I found when I went to feed the birds.

So sweet :) a little mousie . Had to rescue 2 little door mice from my cats :( mind they survived luckily xxx

Last edited:

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hate to say this but are you sure it is a mouse? The only reason I ask is that one day dau were sitting in the sun idly watching what we thought was a poorly mouse when son came in and blandly informed us that it was actually a baby rat. Put a dIfferent complexion on it. Says you can always tell by the pointy nose and long tail

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hate to say this but are you sure it is a mouse? The only reason I ask is that one day dau were sitting in the sun idly watching what we thought was a poorly mouse when son came in and blandly informed us that it was actually a baby rat. Put a dIfferent complexion on it. Says you can always tell by the pointy nose and long tail

That's the one thing I am not keen on rats shudder !!!!! Hope you had a good visit Verity , how is Fred ? Xxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hope Nick is continuing to improve Es. Did you get your hoist or did it get lost in the post? ( Sorry, I'm such a cynic)

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I'm sure sleepless is right that it's a wood mouse Verity, but thanks for your concern. They do get into the cellar. One Christmas when I went to get out the little german houses (sure you'll know these Heike:)) they had moved in, insulated them with chewed up polystyrene and had a store of birdseed. Sadly they were evicted although I did feel mean.

Yes the hoist did come thank you bemused. They do seem to be very efficient with equipment down here. They've visited so often the van drivers wave to me in the street.

Nick seems okay, although in bed again today. I need to ask why they're not getting him up but everyone seemed busy as I was leaving. He just seems more frail and I think his memory is worse. They will keep him in until the infection is cleared and they can remove the catheter. As Jinx said, it's hard to get hold of the doctor. I decided to go by bus today. There is one that goes to the hospital from about 5 minutes walk away, but it took one and a half hours:eek: It went everywhere. Know how difficult it must be for you Chuggs. I think you do very well to visit Mr Chuggs at all.

Oh, dormice, Heike, I'd love to see a dormouse. I'm glad they survived.

I am having annoying computer problems. The tablet won't charge and the Apple desktop seems weird. Sometimes when I want to reply to a post and click on the relevant button the screen goes blank and I have to go back a page and try again. It's very annoying. Hopefully it won't get worse but if I don't post for a while that will be why. It also just loses the page when I'm typing a post, but if I click on the auto save it brings it back which was a great discovery.

Hope you all have a good night.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I'm sure sleepless is right that it's a wood mouse Verity, but thanks for your concern. They do get into the cellar. One Christmas when I went to get out the little german houses (sure you'll know these Heike:)) they had moved in, insulated them with chewed up polystyrene and had a store of birdseed. Sadly they were evicted although I did feel mean.

Yes the hoist did come thank you bemused. They do seem to be very efficient with equipment down here. They've visited so often the van drivers wave to me in the street.

Nick seems okay, although in bed again today. I need to ask why they're not getting him up but everyone seemed busy as I was leaving. He just seems more frail and I think his memory is worse. They will keep him in until the infection is cleared and they can remove the catheter. As Jinx said, it's hard to get hold of the doctor. I decided to go by bus today. There is one that goes to the hospital from about 5 minutes walk away, but it took one and a half hours:eek: It went everywhere. Know how difficult it must be for you Chuggs. I think you do very well to visit Mr Chuggs at all.

I am having annoying computer problems. The tablet won't charge and the Apple desktop seems weird. Sometimes when I want to reply to a post and click on the relevant button the screen goes blank and I have to go back a page and try again. It's very annoying. Hopefully it won't get worse but if I don't post for a while that will be why. It also just loses the page when I'm typing a post, but if I click on the auto save it brings it back which was a great discovery.

It is a bit different, going by bus, ain't it, Es! But, if there were no such thing, or trains, or taxis, what on earth would those of us who have no transport do? It's worse for Mum, as there are absolutely no facilities in her village. It used to be a thriving business hotspot at one time. Now, there's one pub, and a twice-weekly visit from a post office from a village or two away from where she lives. No shop there, for some years, now.

The bus service where she lives got to the point where you'd take one to get to a certain point, then, have to wait for another to go to the town I live near. What a nightmare if hubby and I had decided to live there. I couldn't imagine it, now, although the village is lovely, otherwise.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone

I love them little houses Es :) Cats were playing with my garden boots, putting their heads in it and when I investigated I found a little frightened dor mouse in it awwww . They are cute :) next time I try and take a photo for you Es . I am sorry Nick seems still poorly . It takes a lot to fight infection and hopefully communicating will be better once Nick has recovered . Keeping fingers crossed for him . Sending lots of love xxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Don't use an Apple pooter, Es - my tablet's a Kindle Fire. I do sometimes have the screen black out when I'm doing something. I then just plug it in and it will charge. You might check your connection when charging. It could be a simple thing like replacing the charging cable. They are thin and can fray inside. I oughta get a spare for mine, tbh.

If you use a USB cable to plug-in-the-wall, swap the cable out for a spare one if you have it, and try charging again.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hoping all will be well for you both today, Es. Fred was fine yesterday but got a bit grumpy with me towards the end of the visit so quietly left and hopefully he will be OK next time. He did ask me at one stage whether I was going just yet so perhaps he was grumpy because I didn't take the hint? His twiddlemuff has already gone missing but will hopefully turn up sometime. Took another one in yesterday. Have a standing order now and friends knitting like mad! Thinking of you. xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hope you get to talk to a Dr Es and find out what is going on. Even my husband gets up and sits in his chair for 3 or4 hours. Gravity needs to be allowed to work

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Grrr, just typed a post then lost it. Haven't got time to type it again as builders will be here and some friends popping round.

Hi to everybody. Take care.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Grrr, just typed a post then lost it. Haven't got time to type it again as builders will be here and some friends popping round.

Hi to everybody. Take care.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning Es, no exactly what you mean about losing the post, I have an Apple computer and my pages just disappear and can't put pics. up on TP. Hope you have a good time with your friends today. And the news of Nick will be good. Thinking of you and sending lots of love xxxxxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SHarris