Stressed about sorting mothers house.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Having finally completed the shredding, I now have two bin bags full of confetti and I don't know how to get rid of them! I don't want to empty the bags into my paper recycling bin in case the bits end up all over the road ( carried away in the wind when being tipped into the truck or bin blown over!) and my general waste bin is too small to hold extra full bin bags! I guess I'll have to go to the tip!

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Having finally completed the shredding, I now have two bin bags full of confetti and I don't know how to get rid of them! I don't want to empty the bags into my paper recycling bin in case the bits end up all over the road ( carried away in the wind when being tipped into the truck or bin blown over!) and my general waste bin is too small to hold extra full bin bags! I guess I'll have to go to the tip!

Our council won't recycle shredded paper unless you can guarantee that the paper does not contain plastic (some does apparently ) and we are not to put it in the recycling bin but take it somewhere else. I gave up in the end and now I stick it in the ordinary bin.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
We don't have this problem with our council but I'd like to know if @Duggies-girl has ever done three-dimensional jigsaws? Also I noticed one of our local charity shops selling jigsaws at a very good price today.

MaNaAk

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My dad used to do 3 dimensional jigsaws and I used to have to help him as he got worse. It's a different skill set to 2D ones but still fun.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
We don't have this problem with our council but I'd like to know if @Duggies-girl has ever done three-dimensional jigsaws? Also I noticed one of our local charity shops selling jigsaws at a very good price today.

MaNaAk

Haha no I haven't @manak but I have done one where you have to imagine the puzzle by looking at the picture on the box which gives you a clue. Like same place but different time. That was interesting and took ages.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
When we lived in Malaysia my nana and I were given jigsaws in the shape of circles with pictures on either side. We certainly enjoyed doing these!

MaNaAk

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yes, Ive done one like that - the box showed a scene at a dog show, but the jigsaw showed 5 mins later. Ive also done one with no picture at all, so no idea what you were doing.

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
I discovered jigsawexplorer.com, where you can do online jigsaws, even upload your favourite photos, like this one of mum:

Attachments

• 113_1473.JPG
    113_1473.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 349

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes, Ive done one like that - the box showed a scene at a dog show, but the jigsaw showed 5 mins later. Ive also done one with no picture at all, so no idea what you were doing.

My circular jigsaw had a picture of exotic birds on one side and Malaysian market scene on the other. I can't remember the pictures on nana's jigsaw.

MaNaAk

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The hardest jigsaw I ever did was a double-sided 1,000 piece jigsaw of a giant crossword puzzle (a different one on each side). It took me ages. I did one side and completed the crossword puzzle, but never did the other side.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I did a murder mystery jigsaw once. The picture showed the scene and the jigsaw was the solution. It was a birthday present from a friend who knew I like jigsaws and murder mysteries. Our house is very small so at present I'm limited to doing 1,000 ones that fit on my puzzle board. I've never tried a 3D one - yet.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
My new shredder arrived yesterday. I've got masses to shred - my docs as well as mum's - so it will take me ages to get through it all but I'm finding it strangely therapeutic to put the paper in and see it turn into confetti :)

Dear @Louise7,

Yesterday I sorted papers to be shredded and I have just spent one getting stuck in! Yes! It's very therapeutic and nice to see a bit more space. I'm just off to take some old music to the charity shop.

Enjoy shredding.

MaNaAk

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi, @MaNaAk And @canary
yes, I have done several like that, found then very interesting, guess what’s on the other side of the road, etc.
ive loved jigsaws all my life, my mother always had one gong in the winter, guess I got it from her! When OH went to a coffee morning for careers and those with dementia, one of the guys worked in one of the local charity shops and he provided us jigsaw nuts with a great variety. We did them ostensibly to check all the pieces were there!
However, for whatever reason I can’t seem to cope these days. one of my wooden ones I couldn’t do, the one on sparrows I’m doing now, I’m getting nowhere with, and I think another one I couldn’t cope with.
dont know exactly what’s happening to my brain, but jigsaws don’t seem to be on the agenda these days! Eyes aren’t that good either ( I’ve worn glasses since I was 7). The problems with getting old!
I had my first cappuccino Since lockdown started at one of the local coffee shops this morning! You wouldn’t believe how much money I’ve saved not having coffee and cake several times a week!
Sorry, got way off the point!

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
I was surprised today; out of the blue, I suddenly missed mum. No thing triggered it. it just came. Wait a minute; I met up with a pal in town. We spoke about a botanic garden near Dunoon, and I sent him some of my pics, including some of mum. I was fine when I sent them, but now I'm not I feel ok mentioning it here. I feel if I mention it to my partner ( he lives in london, ours is a long distance relationship) that he doesnt really understand. I didnt just live with mum; we were very close, always were. I get the feeling that some people think I should be getting over it, but sometimes it feels as raw as ever. Other times I feel ok, can chat about her and feel ok.
These things just catch us unawares. I used to ring Dad at 6pm every night . He died 2 years ago but I still reach out for the phone at 6pm. It tugs at my heart strings. Susan

Mydarlingdaughter

Oct 25, 2019
North East England UK
If your local council recycling acceepts it you can put it in paper bags or envelopes and put it in the recycling bin. Or if you know anyone with small animal pets they sometimes use them for bedding. You can also put small amounts in a compost bin.