Storing past PMs

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
If I create a new folder (and name it with the dates of a block of PMs), will my full box of "Sent items" transfer into the new folder when I click on "empty folder"?

I have always had a problem with weeding out PMs and transferring them elsewhere. In this new system can we now keep them "closer at hand" in a folder for the purpose?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I do not often come to "Computer tips".

Many thanks,
Nan

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Thank you, Serena.
Have settled on downloading the latest lot.
Had hoped there might be a different way since the new format.
Thank you also for your link to the help guide, which I hadn't seen before.
Nan

I've just had the frustrating experience of trying to PM someone and being told by the system that I've got too many stored messages. So I moved lots from "Sent" and "Inbox" to "Archive", which didn't make a blind bit of difference. I've just deleted all my "Sent" messages, will probably now immediately find something where I want to look and see what I said. I can see that I could have downloaded them to somewhere else, but that seems a bit of a performance.

The limit seems to be 70 messages in total.

The help file says "You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders.".

Why does the limit have to be as low as 70? Computer storage is cheap, text messages are small. I'd have thought that the purpose of an "archive" file was to allow us to keep more than some limited amount, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this truly weird system!

Could we please have a limit higher than 70?

Pam

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
I've just had the frustrating experience of trying to PM someone and being told by the system that I've got too many stored messages. So I moved lots from "Sent" and "Inbox" to "Archive", which didn't make a blind bit of difference. I've just deleted all my "Sent" messages, will probably now immediately find something where I want to look and see what I said. I can see that I could have downloaded them to somewhere else, but that seems a bit of a performance.

The limit seems to be 70 messages in total.

The help file says "You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders.".

Why does the limit have to be as low as 70? Computer storage is cheap, text messages are small. I'd have thought that the purpose of an "archive" file was to allow us to keep more than some limited amount, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this truly weird system!

Could we please have a limit higher than 70?

Pam

I'd like to second that!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enticottdebbie